wherew can i get a tiny tracked vehicle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
got a bit of an odd project, and need a tiny tracked 'vehicle'

like the base unit of a mini digger / dumper / predestrian loader etc. But the project doesnt justify 3K for one.

Looked on ebay for digger / dumper etc - and "tracked"... it needs to be small enough to get through a doorway (ish) - so thats about 30" wide. Can anyone think of somthing that has tracks, is cheap / often broken that isnt an 'industial tool' (well thats the section ive been scouring)....

robot wars might be a suggestion - but it seems to be just toys on ebay..

Any ideas peeps? :)

Guy

What about this item on E-bay Item number: 7538394571 under construction-diggers? There's also an engine for sale.

IF a mini-digger is the right size you could try contacting some plant-hire companies. They may have an old unit from which you could remove the arm/bucket. The smallest size will fit through a garden gate.. 2ft 6" - 3ft.
Failing that, would a snowmobile be any good?
Almost everything else looks like it's remote controlled.
rov_auto_crawl.jpg

Last edited:
Guy, DIY bomb disposal is not a long term hobby!

A few specifics of the required spec would be useful.
I come accross a few tracked devices in my line of wiork, the last being a honda tracked wheelbarrow but i would need to know what sort of weight you would want the undercarriage to carry and any other info that you feel is relevent
Also a max price would be useful!
Nigel

sorry - ill be a bit more specific...

weight to be carried - 10 - 15 stone.

speed - 10 mph?

Powered wheel barrow base would be perfect.. the 3.5 tonne digger is a bit big...

budget - 500 quid? but as little as possible ;)

basically is so my GF can go PROPERLY off road by herself - theres basically no chance that a tracked vehicle would get stuck (within reason) - and as shes in a wheel chair (due to a bike accident), its not like she can run off... :) speed isnt an issue... reliability is..

i like the rova-cam thing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom