Whether you're in Dover or Dieppe, today is 112 Day - and it could save your life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Godot

Advocatus Diaboli in a Rest Home for the Terminall
Car
A180 CDI Elegance Auto 3 Door Panoramic Sun Roof, Bi Xenons
European MPs are this week reminding people they only need to remember one number when travelling in the EU including the UK.

The free emergency number 112 is common to all 27 member states - including the UK - and connects to ambulance, fire or police.

It has been in use for 20 years, but research has shown only one in four people knows about the number.

Today, Saturday, February 11, is the EU's 112 day, aimed at raising awareness of the anytime, anywhere number.

112 calls have always been answered in Metropolitan Police Area, as it was known for a long time that 112 was the virtual Pan European Emergency Number. More correctly, it was the BT Exchanges to which he 999 & 112 calls were connected to, from Hastings to the several other Nationwide large BT Exchanges

Hello Hello---- is that 112------ I'm in terrible trouble and don't know what to do-- help me please ----- my name------ Lucas Papademos! Hello hello---- is there anybody there?

Hello Hello---- is that 112------ I'm in terrible trouble and don't know what to do-- help me please ----- my name------ Lucas Papademos! Hello hello---- is there anybody there?

I think he was put through to Nein Nein Nein..

Possibly irrelevant to anyone else but my standalone Becker satnav using Navteq software with bluetooth connection to my mobile connects me to 112 emergency when I use it to call an 11-digit number ending in 112.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom