Which affordable performance convertible car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You're right there Steve - a pity there's 300 miles of boring motorway to pass though beforehand.

There is the Cotswolds, Peak district, Yorkshire and the lakes on the way up or the way down.

The motorway slog could be broken up with little jolies into other parts.

we could have "Rally, stage" reports.

Its worth it.

If you can get 4-5days off I have a route thats IMHO really tough to better.

Closeburn DG3 5EZ, UK to Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway, UK - Google Maps

Have you used the software called 'Tyre' it can convert that Google Maps route to a TomTom itinerary file - might be a nice way to share the route.

Which makes me think I feel we need another thread on recommended driving routes - not just listing the road names, but people linking to a Google Maps :) I've a really nice one for the Cotswolds

Have you used the software called 'Tyre' it can convert that Google Maps route to a TomTom itinerary file - might be a nice way to share the route.

Which makes me think I feel we need another thread on recommended driving routes - not just listing the road names, but people linking to a Google Maps :) I've a really nice one for the Cotswolds

I've heard of tyre. I would be very interested in using it. I will download it and try it, as it would bridge the gap.

I tend to post these links of others, but have not considered how they navigate by them. As We discovered with the YOMP we all had the routes and bar those with Garmins, we all struggled other than those who knew it.

So that would be me then:D:D

PS I agree re a recommended routes drive. Its a car forum after all.

Took it our for a blast this afternoon - lovely the experience - it's exactly what I was looking for. Sounds good - feels fast when you're not going fast, feels very fast when you're going fast

P1080987.JPG

P1080995.JPG

Came across this along the way....anyone know what it is?

P1080990.JPG

A day at Snetterton - my first track day in the car plus my first driver coaching experience - lots of grins :)

[YOUTUBE]TW5WolfAf7M&[/YOUTUBE]

Very smooth!

Cheers. Usually that's a bi-word word for being slow, but I was reasonably happy with the lap time. Malcolm Edeson, the coach, made a really difference, well worth having.

Looks good Will, can you tell us more about the software used and how you sync it with the camera? I did my first track day in the 5 recently and am planning another in a few weeks (at Blyton). I took some instruction also and it was so helpful. I think that some retrospective analysis using a video like that could also be pretty useful for future track days.

I'm afraid it wasn't my kit, but it belongs to the instructor. Copied from his YouTube channel it says:

Video is captured on a Video4 setup from Race-Technology. I use this system extensively in my driver coaching where we are able to compare data & video down to minute detail to help the driver improve at a faster rate.

http://www.race-technology.com

Having video adds a real benefit. Inbetween sessions we were able to scan through the video and find good and bad examples of techniques being taught. I also spun once on my own but didn't quite understand why, other than simply going to fast. The video showed I was coasting through the corner, with added throttle I would have transferred more weight to the rear adding grip making the corner possible at that speed.

I'm hoping to go to Blyton too this summer/autumn. Let me know when you're going. :)

Ha ha.. LOL. I was thinking your gear changes were a bit slooooooow...

I think you've got me there - they are rather sedate I admit. You call it slow - I call it mechanical sympathy :)

I think you've got me there - they are rather sedate I admit. You call it slow - I call it mechanical sympathy :)

The only races you will win with mechanical sympathy are endurance races.

It won't move if the engine isn't connected to the wheels. ;)

In fairness I did do ~250 track miles that day, most club level races are only 30 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom