Which aftermarket stereo for bluetooth and iPhone...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sicarrie

Car
CLK270
I'm sure this has been covered a gazillion times before, but my search suggestions throw up too many results!

Essentially, I want to replace the Audio 10 in my CLK with a head unit that will give me hands-free phone operation (with an additional microphone) and will also plug into my iPhone to access my music.

There's a few bluetooth music options, but I prefer the hard connection as it charges the phone during the commute and I never have to worry about it going flat.

In an ideal world, the USB input would be on the back, so I don't have a lead dangling across the dash...

Budget: Prefer to keep it under £300. Don't need SatNav, DVD, or any other overly flash stuff.

I'm guessing a few must have been through the same loop, so recommendations would be appreciated!

Have a C Class with Command so haven't looked at this for the Merc, but did for the wifes Mazda. Wanted same functionality as you and after looking at various options bought this rather than a new headunit and had it fitted by an autoelectrician (charged £50). Confirmed the correct lead for the install with the autoelectrician and bought that myself aswell so full kit and install was about £200 ish.

We went for this as we like the peace of mind of being able to take the small screen off display if we want.
Call quality is very good (twin mics) and it has voice activated call answer which is very convenient. It will charge an iphone when connected and playing and also does usb/sd card and bluetooth streaming as other music options.
Handily it also allows dual phone connection so if we are both in the car with phones it will allow both to sync with the parrot unit.
We've been using the Parrot for just undder a year and are very impressed with how easy it is to use and how trouble free its been.

Link to Parrot.
PARROT BT-FSE MKI9200: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Link to lead I bought (but this is Mazda - though they do supply Merc aswell): INKA-902848-80-3A ISO SOT Mute Lead for Parrot CK3100: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Info on the Parrot: Bluetooth® hands free car kits made for iPod and compatible with iPhone - Parrot MKi9200

Not a replacement/aftermarket stereo I know, but thought it was worth mentioning. :)

I would recommend an Alpine CDE-133BT. Has bluetooth, AM/FM, ipod/USB, CD. Its a terrific unit and costs £169.

You will need a fascia kit which will be about £15 plus steering wheel controls at about £50

If you want DAB aswell then take a look at the CDE-136BT. £299 RRP

There are deals to be done ;)

Have a C Class with Command so haven't looked at this for the Merc, but did for the wifes Mazda. Wanted same functionality as you and after looking at various options bought this rather than a new headunit and had it fitted by an autoelectrician (charged £50). Confirmed the correct lead for the install with the autoelectrician and bought that myself aswell so full kit and install was about £200 ish.

We went for this as we like the peace of mind of being able to take the small screen off display if we want.
Call quality is very good (twin mics) and it has voice activated call answer which is very convenient. It will charge an iphone when connected and playing and also does usb/sd card and bluetooth streaming as other music options.
Handily it also allows dual phone connection so if we are both in the car with phones it will allow both to sync with the parrot unit.
We've been using the Parrot for just undder a year and are very impressed with how easy it is to use and how trouble free its been.

Link to Parrot.
PARROT BT-FSE MKI9200: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Link to lead I bought (but this is Mazda - though they do supply Merc aswell): INKA-902848-80-3A ISO SOT Mute Lead for Parrot CK3100: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Info on the Parrot: Bluetooth® hands free car kits made for iPod and compatible with iPhone - Parrot MKi9200

Not a replacement/aftermarket stereo I know, but thought it was worth mentioning. :)

I can second this as i have just fitted a Parrot MKI9200 to my CLK with Audio 10, i works perfectly and was a plug and play with the standard iso lead that comes in the kit, the only thing it needed was a switched live which i took from the Cigar lighter.

I use my iphone 4 for navigation with Tomtom and it streams the voice directions through the car speakers as well.

Cheers Glyn

What about a Pioneer double din.
They have Parrot bluetooth built in and just as easy to install as a regular radio.

You can browse your ipod or a USB stick nice an easily, plus your iphone will show the nav on the screen.

Nice sounding unit too.
I just swapped mine for a Pioneer DEH-80PRS today, because I am going for a sound quality install and want more options for crossovers and time alignment, but can't recommend the Pioneer enough, plus it updates the cabin nicely.

An image in mine.....

appradio.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom