Which Antivirus do you use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We use Sophos at work. I changed to a Mac at home about 5 years ago and doesn’t need AV.

We use Sophos at work. I changed to a Mac at home about 5 years ago and doesn’t need AV.

A common held belief but has not been true for many years now.

Although inherently a secure operating system, there are still quite a few "attack vectors" on a Mac which is usually the other software you run on it, especially if you don't keep everything up to date.

So don't rely on that old perception no matter how unlikely!

Although like with Windows, you can get free AV products for Mac these days.

I've seen more malware turn up on Macs than I have Windows machines, and we run around 650 machines with a 30/70 split in favour of Windows!

Understood John. I’ve owned PCs for years and always found after a few years they are full of bugs and don’t perform well. My Mac still performs as well as the day I bought it.

I have to admit that my wife hasn’t been so lucky with her Mac but I blame the dodgy websites she goes on …….😉

For the past 12 years I've used Linux, tend not to get windows viruses 😂

Well as my above post. I have never purchased anything but Norton for 25 years,, but this time after a full scan , i keep getting pop ups to tell me i need a clean up tool at extra cost . Its time to migrate away next year . I read that Avast 1 is the top one so thats for me .

I've used Avast and Norton, but found that Solaris or Bitfender works best. Solaris however is rather resource heavy. So switched to Bitfender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom