Which bits do I need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisaaaaa

Car
C220 Est 2011 facelift
I have found a problem on my c class (manual) foot brake has been rubbish since I got it, MB checked it when they did brake fluid and said it was fine.

I just took the wheel off to adjust it myself and saw that the adjuster is not lined up with the bolt, looks like it has been wound off the end.

I have lined up a garage to sort it in the morning, and ordered the kit from MB to pick up first thing.

A bargain I thought at £38.

But now they have rung back and said the kit requires a bunch of extra parts, pins clips and bolts, which they don't stock and add an extra £100.

NOw if they stock the kit and it desperately needs all this other stuff, why is that not stocked too?

NE1 know what they are up to?

Put your VIN up and we will see what is needed from the EPC.
My 203 parking brake repair kit from MB contains everything needed and is cheap.
Tony

They had me over a barrel, had to be ordered so it can be here for tomorrow. Guess I am going to have some really expensive left over clips etc., not even sure what I ordered, just all the bits.

On a service page I have to hand it says WDD2042022Fxxxxxx

I hope the kit and extras (items 300, 100 and 88?) will fix anything that could have gone wrong inside the drum.

From peering thru the hole at the adjuster and the footbrake being next to useless, it looks like the shoes have worn away altogether (don't ask me how) and the adjuster has been wound out to the limit and broken whatever stops it going too far (assuming MB designed it properly and it was not free to come adrift)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom