Which bluetooth adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neliath

Car
E200 2009
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been answered many times, but I haven't found a clear answer for my case.

I have a 2009 Mercedes E200 Kompressor and I'm looking for a way to connect my phone to it.

From what I've read so far, I need a Viseeo adapter. However, I don't know which one. I haven't found any MB-4 version under 250€.

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Is it a W212 or a W211? If the build date is 2009, you should not need any adapter. The head unit supports bluetooth HF.

MB also make a Bluetooth adapter , it might be cheaper second hand than the Viseoo .

Yeah I have a 59 plate w212 e22o cdi and I’m struggling for a Bluetooth adapter to go in my mmi port in the glovebox
I want to use it purely for music through auxiliary
I got a Chinese made one through Amazon and the sounds fine but it just intermittently drops out and drives me crazy !
Any specific advice would be very much appreciated
I’m a new member by the way so nice to meet you all
Dan

Good point that audio streaming, the OP did not mention if he wants music or hands free. The early bluetooth capable head units did not support audio streaming, at least not without some hacking and SW updates.

OK , now we are getting somewhere. OP , getting Bluetooth to work on your car via Viseoo or an MB HFP car will almost certainly NOT allow music streaming. It is (normally) for telephone only.

My wife as a 2009 ML 300 Cdi with the Mercedes Bluetooth. We have found this very temperamental and extremely poor (could be faulty) when trying to use the phone. We installed the Alexa car thing and it is so much better then the std Mercedes unit, and if I recall it only cost £30. the voice activation works like a dream on it. Its also extremely small and can be hidden away.

So I checked - it's W211. It was bought in April 2009 (new), but it might have been built in 2008.

I do need it mostly for streaming podcasts and music, not for making calls :) I thougt Viseeo enables you to connect via bluetooth or aux and can be used for music as well.

Marcel-Anthony, which one did you buy and how did you connect it?

So I checked - it's W211. It was bought in April 2009 (new), but it might have been built in 2008.

I do need it mostly for streaming podcasts and music, not for making calls :) I thougt Viseeo enables you to connect via bluetooth or aux and can be used for music as well.

The Viseoo certainly works with the old iPod , because the iPod cable plugs into the base of the Viseoo . music selection is then through the iPod via an FM channel on the cars radio . It’s a bit old tech but it works well enough .
This is on my 2009 E320cdi

My wife as a 2009 ML 300 Cdi with the Mercedes Bluetooth. We have found this very temperamental and extremely poor (could be faulty) when trying to use the phone. We installed the Alexa car thing and it is so much better then the std Mercedes unit, and if I recall it only cost £30. the voice activation works like a dream on it. Its also extremely small and can be hidden away.
Yeah I’d appreciate any information on the device you mentioned too man

It just plugs in to the aux socket, but you need to have it plugged in to 12v. Bit of trickery and it could be hard wired to hide the cables. I have routed the aux so its not unsightly. It works great for streaming music as well. wife uses spotify and amazon for her music.

Thanks man and then you just run it through the phono lead to your mmi port
Do you keep it in the glove box and does it still recognise voice commands Marcel mate
Yeah picks up the wife's voice no problem, but then again she can be rather loud.

I use one of these LINK
Attaches to the 20 pin ipod cable in the glove box.
The steering wheel controls don't skip track but that's a minor inconvenience I can live with

Thanks lads have either of you had problems with the Bluetooth signal dropping at all when in use
Not sure if mine has an aux in actually I think just an mmi to aux lead but I’ll check tomorrow
Really appreciate everyone’s help by the way
First merc I’ve had always drove bm’s so I have a lot to pick up which is why I joined this forum lol

Thanks lads have either of you had problems with the Bluetooth signal dropping at all when in use
Not sure if mine has an aux in actually I think just an mmi to aux lead but I’ll check tomorrow
Really appreciate everyone’s help by the way
First merc I’ve had always drove bm’s so I have a lot to pick up which is why I joined this forum lol
We changed ours as the Bluetooth fitted is a Merc Standard fit and its rubbish, calls are really poor through it.

Do you use it for music though man that’s my primary need really
No the Mercedes Bluetooth function on our ML was only for the phone, so now with this device we get both better phone connection and streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom