Which browser do you use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
After a few years of using Chrome on a Win 10 desktop, I've found its going the same way as my previous browser, Firefox and getting slower to load pages.

I've been using Brave for the past 2 weeks and I think I'll make the switch permanent. Its fast, has a built in ad blocker and its easy to move bookmarks from any other browser.

Just wondering which browser everyone else is using (please don't say internet explorer:D) and if you are thinking of changing or trying another.

Reviews of Brave.......Brave 1.0 browser review: Browse faster and safer while ticking off advertisers

Brave Browser Review - Secure Surfing -Updated 2020

Chrome on Mac. I had issues with Chrome being really slow and buggy not so long ago - manually uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, and it's back to normal.

Sometimes extensions can cause issues as well.

I've used Chrome for around 5 years - IE for 20 years before that interspersed with very-occasionally Netscape Purple Navigator!

I've tried using the latest Edge but I've yet to make the switch.

Been with Firefox for over 5 years and it suits me. I cannot get along with MS products. They are all so slow to load and clunky. Except for good ole Office 2K.
Problem with Microsoft is that it's always been a "me too" company. In the old sense of being a copy cat.

Opera - built in ad blocker, free vpn.

Switched to chrome many moons ago, IE went downhill for me and now also everything online-based with my work is all google, chrome book for work etc

I will check Brave out though on my personal pc :thumb:

Chrome on all four laptops, all five Android phones both iPads and the Chromebase.

After a few years of using Chrome on a Win 10 desktop, I've found its going the same way as my previous browser, Firefox and getting slower to load pages.

I also use Chrome on a Win 10 desktop, and have for a few years. I've not noticed any slowing down on loading pages though, or any general surfing.
Perhaps try what KillerHERTZ has suggested and clear the cache ?

Edge which is fast and whole lot better than it used to be but still a little glitchy. This is not the new chrome based version just released.

I use UBlock origin for sites that are unusable without an add blocker. It's switched off for this site of course. I point blank refuse to view sites that don't obey the GDPR rules and default to minimum essential cookies.

Edge which is fast and whole lot better than it used to be but still a little glitchy. This is not the new chrome based version just released.

I use UBlock origin for sites that are unusable without an add blocker. It's switched off for this site of course. I point blank refuse to view sites that don't obey the GDPR rules and default to minimum essential cookies.

Edge is horrid try FF you won’t go back.

I use Opera on all my devices. It has an adblocker, inbuilt VPN, will sync bookmarks between devices and a load of other features. I've been using Opera for many years but I will take a look at Brave.

Last edited:
I use Chrome on Windows but I very very rarely use Windows these days - 99.99% of the time I’m using an iPhone or iPad and I find Safari works best on an Apple device, but I always have Chrome installed on every device.

It’s been a while now but I used to collaborate with Google on Chrome and ChromeOS development. At the time were dead set on not allowing any changes which slowed things down - changes could only be approved if they improved performance. This was core to their development philosophy.

Perhaps try what KillerHERTZ has suggested and clear the cache ?

Or make sure you don't have too many Chrome tabs and / or Chrome windows open at once as Chrome is a resource hog.

TOR, but I can’t tell you anymore.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom