Which Bulb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi Chaps, my car is telling me the left hand dipped beam has gone on my 2007 C180K. Could someone please tell me what bulb I need and whether it is easy to change. My previous car was a Rover and the bulbs where a nightmare to change. Many thanks. Paul

Stick your reg in the eurocarparts searcher, it's usually correct.

Look in your owners manual, it tells you which bulb you need and how to change it. Not difficult on a C class - I changed all headlight bulbs on my 2001 C270 and on my current 2008 C220.

Aye -I've done sidelights, indicators and dipped beam in my W204, all fairly easy. One of the sidelights is fiddly to get to but long-nose pliers help.

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice, I will try Eurocarparts first and failing that I will RTFM. Paul

Assuming it's a W204 it's a 55W H7 and not too hard to access. All in the owners manual which is available on line if you don't have one.

Bug in my memory says there's a correct and incorrect way up for these bulbs, and if you get the bulb the wrong way up the light is terrible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - with advancing age the second thing that goes is the memory (now what the hell is the first - I can't remember!!)

Bug in my memory says there's a correct and incorrect way up for these bulbs, and if you get the bulb the wrong way up the light is terrible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - with advancing age the second thing that goes is the memory (now what the hell is the first - I can't remember!!)

Quite right Chris, as with most, if not all, they should have a tab that fits into a recess in the housing, ensuring that the filament is positioned correctly in the reflector. :thumb:

The bug in the memory is thanks to someone getting the bulbs the wrong way round, complaining on here or t'other side about rubbish lights on a C Class, and a couple of folk commenting about getting them the wrong way round. He turned them 180 deg - lights loads better!! Even better when you change the standard bulbs for something like Nightbreakers, but the price is shortened life. I took the 4 I'd put in my S203 a few months earlier and put them in the S204 when I got it. About a year or less later all 4 went in the space of a week - luckily I kept the original bulbs in the back of the car, but it was still a little awkward at the roadside after dark changing bulbs!! The originals are still there 2-3 years later!

Hi Chaps, piece of cake, far easier than having to go via the wheel arch as I did with my Rover 75. I looked closely as to where the tab fitted and noticed the recess in the bulb holder. Took me all of 2 minutes to change. I used to put Nightbreakers in the Rover but the car still ate them just as quickly. Paul :bannana:

I've got Phillips Extreme in my dipped, they give a brighter, whiter light.

I am pondering 4300 HIDs but can't decide.

I had the Philips bulbs and moved over to hids...and let's say I don't regret it... They are bright and give off a white light unlike the Philips ones which are more off white than anything...

Easy to install hids but mounting the ballast is something that needs to be given thought... Although I just used heavy duty tape and cable ties... Works a treat without damaging your car and fiddling about around the front bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom