Which camcorder to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help here. I no nothing about video/cam corders but would like to get one, mainly for this weekends drag racing.

I wont be using it very much (maybe once every three months!) so I dont want a very pricey one, as it will be waisted.

All I really want is the ability to record, save to DVD (via PC is fine) and import the videos into my PC/Apple so I can upload and share on the forum!

Any idea's?

I've looked on the web but really dont know what to get, not even sure how they connect to your PC.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers, Matt :)

Maff said:
Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help here. I no nothing about video/cam corders but would like to get one, mainly for this weekends drag racing.

I wont be using it very much (maybe once every three months!) so I dont want a very pricey one, as it will be waisted.

All I really want is the ability to record, save to DVD (via PC is fine) and import the videos into my PC/Apple so I can upload and share on the forum!

Any idea's?

I've looked on the web but really dont know what to get, not even sure how they connect to your PC.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers, Matt :)

Personally speaking, I'd get a Sony with DV in/out.

Most digital camcorders hook up either via Firewire and/or USB and are really simply to use for downloading digital video to your PC. You will need a reasonable Video editing package if you want to edit your final shots. ULEAD videostudio is one such package.

The advantage of DV-in is that once you've edited your video you can write it back to the tape.

There is a vast vast choice. The best place I've found to but one is whatever the site www.shop4camcorders.co.uk make your selection then use the web site to find a cheap supplier.

Good luck

Thanks Alfie, just bought a Sony DCR-HC19E Handycam MiniDV Camcorder from Amazon plus a firewire cable, which should do the job.

Hopefully be here Thursday ready for Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom