Which car battery for my w220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shorif2000

Car
w220 s500L
my car battery is completely flat. Key wont even turn. Tried jump starting once but didnt work. I will next try to recharge it using the ctek 5 charger. If this dont work i need to buy a replacement. Can anyone tell me if this would be correct or ok to run. Exide Premium 017 / 019 (100Ah) Car Battery - 5 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts

The one i have currently is Lion 019 Car Battery - 3 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts

I have a v8 5 litre petrol jap import

I'm not sure if UK uses different size chart but you're looking for a Group 49 or H8 battery.
That one looks right.

AGM batteries are normally on stop start cars. They have a slightly different charging requirement.

You can buy a BM2 Bluetooth device from eBay etc for about £20 that’ll do the job for monitoring.

What should the voltage be when off and when on

I would always buy a genuine MB battery. They are better and made to MB's specs.
I've also found that Mercedes are very competitive on price, well they have on the two batteries I've bought off them!

Will this work on the battery CTX BATTERY SENSE

Also what is the difference with AGM batteries. Are they for start stop technology only?

AGM stands for absorbent glass matt, it's different from a flooded cell battery in that it does not leak or vent. If you have a battery located under the back seat. This is the one to have for that reason. If it's in the boot or under the bonnet. It's not so important. They do have different charging characteristics to flooded cell batteries and some cars (including the W220) will require you to go in with a scanner and tell it that you're using an AGM battery.

So i called colindale they told me theres 2 batteries an auxiliary one as well. What does this do? Does this not come on to support main battery?

I have put my battery back on. Managed to fully charge it with ctek. I get a pre flight check warning. How can i fix this.

My windows dont wind up auto any more.
I have to press many times to open sun roof, sliding and holding button does not work.
If theres any other issues im not sure. Car seems to run fine

I can only go by my windows, but I need to wind them down fully and keep the button held down for a few seconds, then wind them up and again keep the button held up for a few seconds to reset the auto function. Don't have a sunroof but assume it's similar?

Fixed the windows and sunroof thanks.

Would there be anything else.

I've owned a w220 for about 4 years and this is news to me.
I`ve had them for over ten, and the only other battery I know of is in the key.
Apart from the ones in the keyless go card, and the TV remote!

I`ve had them for over ten, and the only other battery I know of is in the key.
Apart from the ones in the keyless go card, and the TV remote!
Having said that, the special vehicles may have two.
EPC does list an additional battery for cars coded X621, whatever that means!

The W220`s are fussy bastards when it comes to the battery.
Get the wrong one, and the battery will give all sorts of problems, and will die in less than a year.
Mercedes apparently recommend an AGM battery, for pre-2015 cars, BOSCH S6 013 AGM 95Ah 850A.
You would have to be careful when charging it, as AGM batteries dont like being charged quick.

However, before you start spending money on a new battery, you said that jump starting didnt work.
Do you mean you couldnt get enough juice in to start the engine, or did the key still not turn?
Did you connect the leads straight to the battery terminals?
If the key turned, the dash lit up, but the engine wouldnt turn over, thats one thing.
But if the key wouldnt turn and you were supplying the car with 12v, then that could be a different, potentially more serious problem.

Dont immediately think that the problem is with the battery if charging doesnt change anything.

X621 code means second battery!
Yes, and code 673 means single battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom