Which car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

124fan

Car
1997 C250TD auto / 2013 VW Golf 2.0 tdi DSG
My 1997 C250 has 4 months MOT to run and she will then be going to the breakers yard ...

I'm looking for a replacement car and don't know/ can't decide what I should be looking for...

I'm not wanting to spend more than 5k GBP, I'd like diesel, automatic, nice genuine condition, etc.

I've been looking at some of the newer smaller economical cars like KIA etc, but they just haven't bitten me yet, also more expensive of course, but I'm hoping to get a few ideas from the good folks on here, and maybe even find something of interest.

Thanks in advance

Can't wait :bannana:

Cheers

:thumb:

You should have a wide choice of interesting metal out there.

After all, the TG boys got some amazing motors for £7k.

Just take a look at autotrader, there's 1008 mercedes between £4K and £5K.... there's a lot to choose from.

Not just E class and C class, but plenty of SLKs, CLKs, MLs, or how about a Diesel S class?

Off to a quick start, thank you.

I've been watching the bay and local rags, but I'm not just seeing what I'm after, they're mostly all used and abused cars, if you know what I mean.

The one I'm scrapping is still driving like a new motor, just needs too much spending on the body work to make it not worth it, some of the cars I've went and looked at are not driving as good as mine! even the new ones.

I'm looking for a well cared for car, one that was loved, and comes from a home that all cars want to be in ....

Maybe I'm getting too long in the tooth, and dreaming of the impossible, but I do know these cars are out there! I do know of a lovely 124 estate 1995 with 50k miles on it, the guy has been selling it for the last ten years and still won't part with it. It probably is too good for an everyday driver, but I only drive about 10k / year now so, I'd like to get my hands on it.

Still hoping for the right car.

Thanks again for the input.

(Mind you that 220 estate sounds nice!)

Cheers

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom