Which Carsoft is the real one??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sceh

Car
w123 240TD
I just bought a Carsoft i980 and I started a separate string because it doesn't work.
I have been trying to find out if it is genuine or not and can't yet determine this but I have found TWO Carsoft companies. One is US-based and the other is Belgian and bot claim to have spent 30 years developing the devices. I now don't believe either and certainly not the Belgians who are not renowned for anything in this domain anyway.

So, does anyone know if either company is the real thing or is there a third or are thy doth simply selling something made and designed in China?

If you check the street view of their Belgian address, it does not exist

Kempische Steenweg 105
3500 Hasselt

So, who actually makes the Carsoft product or who designed it? I am sure it is made in China but is there any such thing as a clone or copy? Is the Belgian company just some chancer who grabbed the name , formed a company and who buys his product direct from China for resale?
If the software is updated from the US iCarsoft site, who designed the software and who supports it?
I am really surprised this company has done so well if there is this sort of cloud surrounding it or is it me?

icarsoft.com does list Belgium as one of their overseas businesses.
www.icarsoft.us_About_Us
Or:
iCarsoft*Benelux*
Address : Spaubeekerstraat 93
6191 HN – Beek
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)46-4571880
www.icarsoft.eu
Email: [email protected]

I'm pretty sure they're made in China, but it appears that the parent company is based in the US. - The assumption is that's where the design and software comes from, but it doesn't say that explicitly.

Last edited:
I bought one specifically made for my BMW (hmmmmm) It didn't diagnose what it claimed it would (faulty PDC sensor) and I had a hell of a job upgrading the OS. Eventually fixed by another member on here.

Their support is/was non-existent. I called and emailed and to this day (several weeks on) have never received a reply or call back. I then found another post somewhere on this forum from another member who suffered the same fate as me.

FYI: Mine tells me my PDC has no errors. This despite the PDC displaying an error in the car and not operating at all. This makes me question the integrity of everything else it tells me. So I cannot trust it.

I disconnected my MAF which brought on the EML. My unit saw the EML (good) but then could not display any actual error codes (no good)

I think I bought an empty box with an LED and random code generator.

Thanks you - missed that.
The Belgian operation looks like a reseller and probably not an official one. It lists very few versions so it doesn't seem to represent the US company.
I am waiting for a call from their support people since my version looks 100% official but when it scans it finds 17 components in auto mode and in manual mode the missing components are said not to exist - like ABS. Pretty unlikely.
I am also in touch with Diagnostic World in the UK to see if they can throw some light on this.

The EU site at least has an office called Smeetsolutions so I suspect the Belgian company called Carsoftsales is unofficial and there is nothing the US can do about it. They now seem to focus on the PC software v12.
I can only assume that the failure to detect either DTCs or components is due to a software release issue but I will keep you posted on progress. I at least have the option to get my money back since I bough via Amazon though the German reseller is not the official EU partner by the looks of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom