Which CDR Media

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malik

I have a CLK with a Audio 10 CD Player.

No matter what cdr media i use the player has trouble locking onto a song. Eventually i get it to work with one of the songs and it will play through the album ok but i cant fast forward or rewind etc - it gets confused again and can't lock on to a song again.

Normal original cd's play just fine.

Has anyone else come across this?. I'm currently using Verbatim CDR written with Nero.

?????

hmm , its prob the players firmware.

just one of those things ... try a cleaning cd

re-which cdr media

Malik

You can't use computer generated CDRs in an Audio 10. Both Becker and Alpine have told me that the players are simply incapable of playing these sort of CDs - it's something to do with the contents information at the start of the CD.

If you want to use non-original CDs in an Audio 10 you must make the copies using a CD duplicator and CDR Audio blank disks. You can't use ordinary computer (data) CDs.

I had this problem too and it took me a while to work out how to make CD compilations to use in the car.

If you want details of how I do it, post back or e mail me [email protected]

Cheers

Geoff

Malik/ Geoff

I too have the same problem with my Audio 10, and i think via other posts on this forum other people have had no problem whatsoever playing cdr's of any kind on their Audio 10. Firmware, possibly... but is there really that much difference between Audio and Data CDR's? I've tried both and had no luck... Geoff.. i'll PM you my email address, if thats ok :)

re re re which CDR media

Guys

Yes there is a difference between computer data CDRs and Audio CDRs. As I said it's all to do with the information in the contents track. The following extract from a CDR FAQ site explains further :

"Although there is no definition for 'audio' CD-R discs, special audio discs designed for Consumer Audio Applications are used to copy commercial CD-Audio discs having copyrighted contents. They do not have any unique quality status. Such discs will not record in ordinary (computer) CD writers, only in special audio writers designated for Consumer Audio Applications. Ordinary CD-R (data) discs will not record in such a writer. This is for the purpose of copyright protection, and special CD-R audio disc prices include copyright payments.

Special unrecorded CD-R audio discs designed for Consumer Audio Applications contain unique Disc Application Codes in ATIP, contained in the lead-in area, that enforce the above rules. These identify the CD-R disc as a Special Purpose Disc for Restricted Use, and carry a registered Identification Code controlled by Philips Consumer Electronics BV. Special audio writers enforce these rules, and apply both a RID Code and an SCMS when recording such a disc.

The RID (Recorder IDentification) Code identifies the registered manufacturer of the special audio writer, and contains both a type code and unique recorder number. Registration is controlled by Philips Consumer Electronics BV.

The SCMC (Serial Copy Management System) identifies a recorded disc as either not copyright protected, copyright protected, or as a home copy of a copyright protected original. In the latter case, further duplication of that copy is blocked by the special audio recorder."

It would seem then that the Audio 10 needs to see these codes on a disc before it will play them properly. And the only way to put the codes on the disk is to use a higher cost CDR Audio blank and a CD duplicator.

Geoff

Thats good reading Geoff... learn something new everyday!

Now how to get the mp3's onto the audio cd's i have so i can listen to them on my audio 10?

You will need to covert them to .WAV files, then 'close' the CD.

KillerHERTZ said:
You will need to covert them to .WAV files, then 'close' the CD.

So convert the MP3's to .WAV files, then use the burning software to burn them as audio onto the cd, and ensure the session is closed?

i too have had problems with my audio 10.

Use a brand name cdr, im currently using packard bell cd's.

Then burn the CD using the slowest possible speed, i burn them at 400(not sure which units). That works for me.

Madferrit said:
So convert the MP3's to .WAV files, then use the burning software to burn them as audio onto the cd, and ensure the session is closed?

You got it :) remember once a CD is closed, you cant touch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom