Which Centre Caps?

Which Would You Choose?

• Blue Wreath (matches bonnet star surround)

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Sterling Silver (matches Wheels)

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • AMG (Well, they are AMG wheels)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
New alloys on the way :cool:

(Not my car but shows the wheels in Sterling Silver)
car_photo_309535_25.jpg

What centre cap would you go for?

As I have now (matches the bonnet star surround)
B66470120_Blue_Wreath.jpg

Sterling Silver Star
IMG_1237.jpg

AMG (not OEM)
WCC-AMG.jpg

I actually like (and prefer) the Blue Wreath one's and was about to buy 4, of those until a respected friend of mine persueded my to go for the Sterling Silver ones.

silver star ones id say

I like (prefer) the silver star why i say that! bought some amg wheels that did not come with centres

So i took the blue reef ones out of the 16" standard alloys stuck those in yer they looked ok but !!!!!

They did`nt set the wheels alight, so bought silver star and wow even yes even the wife noticed them

hope that helps :thumb:

I believe you can get the wreathed star in black too - link here. I think given the black and silver colours of your car I would stick to the silver star or to a black roadster cap.

The AMG one doesn't do anything for me.

Hi whitenemesis forgot to say have a look at my album, i have a picture of one of the amg wheels with the blue reef before i changed them it might give you a better idea :thumb:

I like the blue wreath, just that bit different. old skool.
Hate the AMG caps, they look tacky.

I believe you can get the wreathed star in black too - link here. I think given the black and silver colours of your car I would stick to the silver star or to a black roadster cap.

The AMG one doesn't do anything for me.

Thanks for that but the thing is the car comes with a blue wreath around the mount for the bonnet star, so blue would match better?

Hi dash first of all it was very nice to meet you and the girls sunday, do it again soon. i dont know whats going on with the albums, when i click on it i get bsorrel updated album, my album is underneath just search jonnymerc or i am on page 3 no dash not that page 3 lol :thumb:

Thanks for that but the thing is the car comes with a blue wreath around the mount for the bonnet star, so blue would match better?

The blue of the bonnet cap is effectively invisible from any angle apart from head on. By your logic, all Mercedes which have this (I believe most of them) should have blue centre caps.

The two predominant colours on your car are silver and black. It is by far the most potent colour combination of the C class, all the emphases between the different colour and finishes of silvers and blacks is where the potency of the combination works so well. Adding tiny spots of blue just creates an extraneous element in the mix. If your car was blue, it might work better.

The blue of the bonnet cap is effectively invisible from any angle apart from head on. By your logic, all Mercedes which have this (I believe most of them) should have blue centre caps.

The two predominant colours on your car are silver and black. It is by far the most potent colour combination of the C class, all the emphases between the different colour and finishes of silvers and blacks is where the potency of the combination works so well. Adding tiny spots of blue just creates an extraneous element in the mix. If your car was blue, it might work better.

+ 1 I had them on my Silver W220, they looked good.

What about

AMG Coloured, with matching caps (These are mine) Sorry about the upside down pic.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 80
I like the Black laurel wreath ones personally.....

Hi Swozza, my car isn't an AMG so not sure fitting those would be 'correct'..

Look good though are they from AMG/MB?

Hi Swozza, my car isn't an AMG so not sure fitting those would be 'correct'..

Look good though are they from AMG/MB?

No they are not original. Ebay

I have them on the center caps, number plate bolts, door pins and dust caps...... Maybe not to every ones taste but I like them.

Car maybe not AMG but your wheels are......

Last edited:
what about full chrome ones?:D .....i kid personally the standard silver with chrome rim and star look good on any MB wheel

i cant add all in this post but others to consider are...

Attachments

• b66470200black star.jpg
    b66470200black star.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 40
  • b66470201black loral.jpg
    b66470201black loral.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 40
  • b66470207chrome.jpg
    b66470207chrome.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I voted Sterling Silver Stars. However I prefer the Black laurel wreaths (which I also have). As others have said they set the car of nicely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom