Which CLK for the track?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Hi guys
I'm about to start on a track car CLK. trying to decide between the 430 or a lower power version.
Based on running costs/serviceable items/reliability what engine would you guys go for?
Cheers
Mark

I'd opt for a 230 Kompressor manual. Almost the lightest W208 CLK bar the 200, nearly as quick as a 320 in a straight line and I wouldn't be surprised if the 230 is quicker around a track. Easy too to gain another genuine 25-30 bhp.

Based on running costs/serviceable items/reliability what engine would you guys go for?

I'd go for a BMW E36 328i. There's a much wider range of aftermarket parts for BMW E36s than the CLK. E30s are too expensive now, so an E36 or even E46 is where I'd look

Nick Froome

I'd opt for a 230 Kompressor manual. Almost the lightest W208 CLK bar the 200, nearly as quick as a 320 in a straight line and I wouldn't be surprised if the 230 is quicker around a track. Easy too to gain another genuine 25-30 bhp.

^ What he said bombproof engine

^ What he said bombproof engine

Indeed. It's well known that the standard engine is good for 400bhp when turbo'ed.

I'd go for a BMW E36 328i. There's a much wider range of aftermarket parts for BMW E36s than the CLK. E30s are too expensive now, so an E36 or even E46 is where I'd look

Nick Froome

+1.

If I was tracking a car it won't be a Merc just for the off the shelf aftermarket parts supply alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom