Which CLK ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swukmale

Hi all
I currently run a CLK 230 Sport, '99 bought with 56k miles 16 months ago, now up to 89k and I intend to run it 'till it drops. No problems although I am meticulous with service/oil changes. Really impressed with how much car I got for relatively little money (£3.5k).
Only a few relatively minor rust spots - planning to get sorted after winter, AMG wheels paint peeling in small areas, plan to get refurb.
Given the highish mileage I do, my thoughts are turning to which car next. Looked at jags & bmw's but keep coming back to merc.
Not looking to change immedietely but looking to narrow down my search for when the time is right (when current car expires or starts getting problematical).
I'm pulled towards diesel for economy (current 33mpg on an easy run, 20's around town) and reliability. Considering a 320cdi or 270cdi and to spend £8-9k ish. There seems to be alot of 270's around but I am told that the 320 is the one to go for? Also it would be good to have low miles as I'll soon rack them up. I have searched the forum for answers to this question but can find none that match my useage/requirements. Also, which model is the highest spec? Also gather rust issues on certain models? Any informed opinion/advice greatly accepted
Many thanks
Ian

320cdi is better but not many around in your price range. Avantgarde or sport spec are the ones to go for. The rust issue should not be a problem on a 320cdi. They have not been around that long. We have a late 2003 209 and no sign of any corrosion so far.

Ok thanks, so it would seem that 320cdi is the one, but newer than 2003?
Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom