Which CLS do you prefer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Which CLS, do you like most,
personally I like the 2010 model best, now I've no doubt the 2018 model is more technically advanced, but to me the 2010 is just a nicer shape. :)
20190921_185509.jpg

Reactions: Abb
+1 for the W219. Hands down my favourite!

I loved the 219 when it came out and wasn't sure they could make it look better but the 218 is a big improvement for me and my favourite

The 219 in AMG guise, only as it was so different to what was around now and then.

So many look similar now, although the progression of the CLS 4 door Coupè has been good.. I feel they have lost some of its charm with the bulk.

The new CLS just looks like a giant CLA imo not good.

Has to be the 218 for me....just....over the 219 then the 257 last. Tight between the 218 and 219 though.

218 for me albeit in the right colour (black).

The 219 looks too dated for me now and the new one is nowhere near special enough to be a worthy successor.

219 over the 211 it's based on.
212 over the 218 though.

Tough question as they both look fantastic but for me the 218 just shades it if you're looking purely at the side profile. It's simple but dramatic. FWIW I prefer the nose and tail treatment of the 218 and prefer both overall to the latest one.

But I'd have any of them in a heartbeat.

Shame there was never a petrol 218, AMGs aside or I would have upgraded a few years ago.

The limited engine choice in the 218 and the seats which to my eyes never looked great being bulky and with that questionable contrast stitching meant it was a non starter for me. Interior of the 219 is super luxurious in comparison.

On external looks alone the facelift 218 with the right alloys is a gorgeous thing though.

Shame there was never a petrol 218, AMGs aside or I would have upgraded a few years ago.

The limited engine choice in the 218 and the seats which to my eyes never looked great being bulky and with that questionable contrast stitching meant it was a non starter for me. Interior of the 219 is super luxurious in comparison.

On external looks alone the facelift 218 with the right alloys is a gorgeous thing though.

There was a non AMG 218 petrol variant- see Abbs thread on his 218 350 petrol.

Things were going well in 2004 and dropped off a tad in 2010, and then we come to that 2018 offering:fail: :doh::ban:

What are they thinking about :dk:

I feel the same about most of the recent offerings though, Mercedes to me have lost their way in the styling stakes, or maybe I have lost my way as I get older.

There was a non AMG 218 petrol variant- see Abbs thread on his 218 350 petrol.

You’re right- there was a petrol but they only sold about 3 of them. None when I was looking ever made it into approved used and the ones that did end up for sale always looked a bit dodgy when I was looking.

Thought Abbs ended up with a diesel 350 due to lack of petrols for sale but I may be mistaken.

I know they were very limited bar AMG. I have seen SB petrol variations.

Not sure if Abbs car is petrol or diesel tbh.. lookers a cracker either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom