Which CLS do you prefer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not in the UK. No doubt would have been stateside and probably most of Europe.

Just had a look; MB US refer to the CLS 550 as the "base model".

LOL. When petrol's that cheap diesel there's no messing with 4 pots or diesels :)

You’re right- there was a petrol but they only sold about 3 of them. None when I was looking ever made it into approved used and the ones that did end up for sale always looked a bit dodgy when I was looking.

Thought Abbs ended up with a diesel 350 due to lack of petrols for sale but I may be mistaken.
theres cls 400 cls500 what you in about?

Not in the UK. No doubt would have been stateside and probably most of Europe.

There are 218 CLS350, CLS400 and CLS500 examples of varying ages. (they stopped selling the 500 pretty quickly in 2012. The CLS350 was replaced by the CLS400.

But only about 6 in total so slightly more than your 3.

:D

I like the look of the 218, and I'd love to see in Designo Hyacinth Red :cool:

Thank you. Bought it one year ago next Monday (my birthday) over the phone from exactly where we are now, in Villandry in the Loire Valley. Perfect car for the same trip last Thursday and, in spite of three hours standstill on the motorways around Paris (went the wrong way), 28mpg so far.

Last edited:

No votes so far for the current W257 CLS then.

To me the issue is the W213 is very good looking, both in saloon and estate form. The CLS has to be even better looking for it to be a worthwhile proposition but it isn’t, in fact substantially worse in my eye especially that rear view.

Maybe we will grow to like it in the future.

The W257 looks amazing in person.

No votes for a new Mercedes is typical mbclub.co.uk - noone ever likes them at first.

Heres the 1st one I saw in person back 2 years ago in Amsterdam:

g6Van9W.jpg

My neighbour has one. I still dont like it.. just a big CLA.

I think the 213 is a better looking car.. it was always the other way around from the first CLS. That's my opinion fwiw.

I think the W213 is a better looking car.

Took me a bit of time to get used to the new saloon lights but I love the W213 now.

The CLS still hasn't warmed yet but I take the point about it taking time sometimes.

From the side, it looks a bit late noughties Audi A5 at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom