which coffee / tea / hot chocolate machine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

From people who have them what do you recommend. (the pod type machines)

Thinking of buying one for the A210 family

budget up to £200 more than happy paying much less....

:)

Tassimo in our household. Had it over 4 years, used and abused daily with no issues whatsoever. Does it for us. There might be better ones out there now though.

^ I've google open, Amazon reviews and which...

Its always good to get feedback on what other people think.

Currently the choice also seems to depend on the cost of the pods... at least that's what I have read on amazon reviews..

Thanks

I have a Krups Dolce Gusto thingumabob.

Works fine.

However for espresso, I use a proper espresso pot.

Last edited:
I have a gaggia classic, a bit of a faff but does good coffee.

I think the grinder is probably more important than one might expect.

Let's be honest.

Most pod machines are :

a) Better than instant
b) Far cheaper than Star*ucks
c) More convenient than buying beans from cat poo, grinding via a grinder that's crap according to the internet and having water pressurised in a nun's chuff.

Buy the cheapest machine - the pods cost about the same.

Choose one and pm me. I'll do you a good deal if I can get it

I use a DeLonghi filter machine which cost around £25 and can be used with or without paper filters . It works really well - a pot of coffee is ready in minutes and is not tepid lukewarm like many other machines . As long as you rinse out the filter mesh straight after use it only takes seconds and no strange new life forms developing over the next day .

This is the cheapest / most basic coffee machine I have had and by far the best .

The advantage is that you can use anybody's coffee according to your whim .

I have looked at pod type machines but don't fancy being tied into one range of coffee .

For tea , I just use the kettle and Twinings tea bags .

Last edited:
I have a Nespresso Magimix "Citiz & Milk" machine. It works very well. Easy to clean.
Large choice of coffee. Pods cost ~30p. The one area which it falls a little short is with the temperature of the milk, it's not as hot as when steam heated. But it's still perfectly drinkable and I don't regret buying it.

I have the Nespresso, had it since they came out years ago.

Never gone wrong and after sales service is very good.

I do understand that Developer and i meant no disrespect i just meant you can google reviews based on your financial position. And i suppose it also gets your post count up....

Tony.

Flavia SB100 is fantastic. Built tough enough for use in a small office, it brews quickly and there is a good variety of drinks in the pods. Mine is about 8 years old now and still going strong.

Flavia Fusion is a smaller version of the same.

Drink pods cheap in boxes of 100 on ebay............

I do understand that Developer and i meant no disrespect i just meant you can google reviews based on your financial position. And i suppose it also gets your post count up....

Tony.

Agreed Tony - I wasn't having a pop, just sharing the reasoning why people post seemingly diverse, non car related threads :thumb:.

It's like asking a friend for advice.

^ I agree,

I know I can use Google and look up reviews (that's what I was doing) but as Developer has said I like asking other people for advice also? hence laptop on knee...ask the 'forum'

As for getting my post count up???? do I really care how many posts I have?? do I get a prize. Nope....

The forum has a wide range of people often very very helpful and athough I have never met any forum members almost consider some of them friends :)

Maybe thats oddd, but thats how it is

Thanks all keep the recomendations coming

.......... do I really care how many posts I have?? do I get a prize. Nope......

I'm amazed that I even got a post count of 700.... considering that I hardly ever post anywhere other than in OT.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom