Which colour to vinyl wrap my SL500?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfosteramg

Hi all, i'm toying with the idea of vinyl wrapping my SL500 in a matt vinyl. I've got it down to 2 colours but having trouble deciding! I have a fair few years experience signwriting so cost wise its only the vinyl to buy which isn't that expensive.... The car is black so a good base to be laid over, plus it will protect the paint over the coming winter months.....

So, out of the 2 below which would you go for?!! Only pics i could find was the newer SL63 but gives you an idea....

Matt Silver:

silverwrap.jpg

or Matt White:

sl63white12.jpg

sl63white04.jpg

Cheers
Chris

White seems to be the current trend

I'd go for White

Not spoiling mate, just fancy something different for a while, can always remove it afterwards!

Not spoiling mate, just fancy something different for a while, can always remove it afterwards!

Out of interest, does it leave any residue or marks on the paintwork once removed?

Absolutely nothing Bobby if the correct vinyl is used and applied properly. I wrapped my Audi twice and both times the vinyl came off without a problem at all!!

Chris :)

My opinion its got to be white it seems to be the IN colour at the moment :thumb:

I would chose the silver, as everybody seems to be going for the white.

I prefer Matt Silver personally.

Looks mean in that.

White looks a bit... well hairdressery.

I'd go for the silver because you don't get to see many matt silver cars around. White is very common colour and is everywhere you go. So either go for common, or rare.

I would also personally avoid white because it's so common at the moment.

I'd go for black :D

Seriously, I'd keep it as it is, and maybe spend some of the vinyl cost on a pro-detailing session to give your existing paintwork the 'wow' factor :cool:

Just IMHO of course :)

Will

I would also personally avoid white because it's so common at the moment.

Every motor show, car mag, car TV show you see these days has white cars. It has been the currant fad the last few years, but go to any large car park and count the number of white cars, sometimes there are none.

Personally I had one years ago and vowed never again.

Russ

Of the two you posted, I'd go for the white.

The best thing about a foil or vinyl wrap is that it isn't permanent. Why not go something a bit different?

I used to see cars every day in Dubai that had been foiled, most were tasteless chrome/shiny gold or standard issue matt black, but I saw a few in matt green, purple and others that looked pretty good.

Color Change | Gallery | Foila car

Might give you some ideas....if only of what to avoid!

White isn't the current colour of choice, it's last year and the year before's. As has been discussed elsewhere on the forum the colour to be seen in is a metallic brown/bronze colour which can be seen gracing everything from a Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, Range Rover through to Renault Scenics.
Personally if you must wrap it then choose something individual and maybe not even a single colour but a picture or a wrap like Sky TV vans have.

How much would a wrap on say a C class saloon cost on average? Also, the wraps in pictures look perfect with no ragged edges around all of the complex curves etc, how do "wrappers" get such a close fitting and perfect finish?

Also, when wrapped do you have to hand wash only? :)

How much would a wrap on say a C class saloon cost on average? Also, the wraps in pictures look perfect with no ragged edges around all of the complex curves etc, how do "wrappers" get such a close fitting and perfect finish?

Also, when wrapped do you have to hand wash only? :)

I think your looking at 1K for a wrap and i believe you wash as normal.

I would budget £1500 or so for a decent job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom