Which Command Unit E320 Sport - 2009 Whi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
Hi Folks

In the process of buying a 2009 E320 that has Command and 6 disc CD auto changer in the centre console + an optical drive in the boot, didn't look to see if this was a CD or DVD drive unit.

Anybody know which version of Command this is likely to be?

Hi Folks

In the process of buying a 2009 E320 that has Command and 6 disc CD auto changer in the centre console + an optical drive in the boot, didn't look to see if this was a CD or DVD drive unit.

Anybody know which version of Command this is likely to be?

If it is a W211 model, then it is likely to be Comand 2.5. You can tell by the colour of the telephone on/off buttons, if one is green and the other red then 2.5.

If it is a W211 model, then it is likely to be Comand 2.5. You can tell by the colour of the telephone on/off buttons, if one is green and the other red then 2.5.

I'm going to correct this (sorry for being pedantic).

If its a W211 model it is more likely to be NTG1. Yours is NTG1 as you describe the separate CD changer and the nav drive in the boot.

From 2009 for W211 NTG2.5 was fitted. This has the green/red phone pickup/hangup buttons, but this was only from MY2009 onwards (mid 2008 production) until the new E class was introduced (Model Year 2010), the other unit was used from start of production (around 2002) onward, so 7 years vs 1. NTG2.5 has built in bluetooth and is ~6 year newer technology

In 2009 there were quite a lot of pre-facelift cars around, so an early 2009 could well be MY2008 (which it seems yours is)

COMAND 2.5 (i.e not NTG2.5) was used on the early W220/W215 S/CL cars

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Thanks for info

Car is a facelift W211, E320 Sport first registered towards the end of Mach 2009. Bit of luck I get it tomorrow so will find out for definite then.

Just looking around the forum anticipating the new toy.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom