Which Command Version on W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kirkmeister

Car
E Class, W212, 350d. 2016
Good Evening,

I've just bought a March 2016 350d W212 (facelift, one of the last year). I'm trying to work out what version of Command I have.
Quite a few members post pics of the face of the unit and suggest which software it would be...but how can I be sure? They can suggest either 4.5, 4.7 or 5.1
Is there any hidden menu, like a service menu, that would show this?
I'm looking to one of those wider screen/Carplay upgrades but would like to know where I'm starting from.

Many thanks
Dave K

The W212 facelift was equipped with COMAND Online NTG4.5 up until 2015. In its last production year, 2016, the W212 got the NTG5*1 (fitted to cars as of late 2015).

So your car is either one of the very last W212 equipped with NTG4.5 Gen3... or one of the first to be equipped with NTG5*1.

This is what NTG4.5 Gen3 looks like:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
This is what NTG5*1 looks like:

Also... you seem certain that your W212 is indeed equipped with COMAND, but keep in mind that COMAND was an option, the base model was Audio20 (with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card).

Thanks for your input.
It does look as if I have the 5.1 system that is shown in Markjays last video, though I don't seem to have the access to the internet or apps as shown in the german videos.
Perhaps I need to explore deeper. I'm confident its Command as its a 350d with the Premium and Plus packages.

Thanks for your input.
It does look as if I have the 5.1 system that is shown in Markjays last video, though I don't seem to have the access to the internet or apps as shown in the german videos.
Perhaps I need to explore deeper. I'm confident its Command as its a 350d with the Premium and Plus packages.

In which case you can have factory Apple CarPlay / Android Auto instead Of an aftermarket add on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom