Which Dealer - Cambs Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazzyFizzle

Car
None
Basically, I had a really poor experience trying to buy a C63 from MB Peterborough (Robinsons Group). I literally refuse to even consider walking through their door again.

I ended up buying my car from Epsom MB and the sales experience was very good.

For my B2 service last year, I chose my 'local' dealer MB Cambridge (also Robinsons Group), and I would say I had a very average experience. Enough so that after an unsatisfactory response from MB Cambridge, I raised a complaint with MB HQ and they made MB Epsom come and pick my car up and sort something out.

Almost a year on, and it's due a service again. I also want a couple of smaller things looking at. Any recommendations as to where I can book it in? MB Bedford? Any experiences? MB Milton Keynes, quite far to travel but are they any good?

Gazzy, look at these guys:

German Tech Cars | Better Quality, Better Value, Better Service

Outstanding:

£60 plus vat/hour labour.
Cutting edge dyno and diagnostics.
genuine parts.
Exceptionally quick turnaround!
FREE courtesy car!

Example:

My 2nd car is an Audi Quattro TT:

Monday night - down the M11 - car starts running on 3 cylinders. (I'm thinking: coil pack/injectors/plugs??). I limp home and start ringing around for repairs. ALL Audi dealers locally said yes but fully booked for weeks and would need it for 3 or 4 days.
Rang around some suspect "Indy's" and got some weird responses.
Stumbled across German Tech. Guy knew his stuff told me to drop it off first thing tomorrow and I could have a courtesy car there and then.
Dropped it off @ 0900. Picked up courtesy car and had barely been at work a couple of hours when he rang to tell me - "All done".
4 coil packs and 4 plugs: £180.

MB Northampton are pretty good, I haven't experienced anything bad from them apart from the usual 'brakes need replacing' attempt of sale. It should be closer than MK unless of course you're thinking the A1 route towards black hat

Parkhams in Wellingborough I can massively recommend, if an independent is also an option

Sorry to hear about your problems with MB Peterborough. I've found them to be better than average, though still not perfect. I bought my C350 from them new after they'd been very good with my old CLK. The salesman I dealt with was very helpful throughout the whole process, not at any time trying to push me into anything I didn't want and keeping me up to date with build progress. I also got a good discount that was close to the best I could find online. In the four services they've done on the C350 the only issue was them being unable to change the sparkplugs once because one of the new ones was faulty. (Sorted a few days later.) They even fixed an engine management fault that arose soon after the warranty expired, without charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott at MB Peterborough was brilliant when I bought our B last year. Unlike many salesmen I came across, he was helpful, patient and proactive throughout the process, like finding a similar B demonstrator at another branch so that I could do a 24hr+ back-to-back evaluation against the competition. However, can't say I was as impressed when it came back for it's first service.

I had a not so great experience from Peterborough - the car had to go back for a warranty replacement of the driving LEDs, a complete bumper off job.

When I picked it up they proudly told me that it was all ready to go but walking out the door you could see from distance that the front bumper had been refitted poorly- ended up waiting an hour while they fiddled with it to get it straight. I have the MB service plan so I'd also be interested in the responses to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom