Which disks for E63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dm2583

Car
2015 w212 E63 Bi-Turbo
My front brake disks will soon need replacing and was wondering what options I have apart from MB ones?

My car is a 2015 w212 model and under manufacturers warranty so will any non-genuine disks invalidate the warranty?

I’m not certain but when I replaced mine last time I wasn’t able to find any apart from oe ones.

Sorry that’s not much help.

You'll struggle to find anything other than genuine MB discs. Search on on fleabay: MB Southend, Edinburgh and Newcastle all sell them with a healthy discount.

Thanks guys. Will take a look at eBay.

I'm sure that's the identical spec as a C63 and if so then yes those discs fit. Available from EuroCarParts for £630 a pair when they have a 50% sale.

I'm sure that's the identical spec as a C63 and if so then yes those discs fit. Available from EuroCarParts for £630 a pair when they have a 50% sale.

If they are the same, there are several genuine MB ones on EBay for £273 ish

Thats quite a hike in price for the two piece construction over the single that I believe Gnasher is referring.
Worth a punt for the price.

The two piece discs have several advantages :

- Around 3kg lighter at approximately 13kg instead of 16kg
- Fully floating design to allow for rotor expansion without distorting the bell and eliminate pad knock off.
- Keeps heat away from the wheel bearing

For a street car it's mainly the weight saving that's worth having. I'll be fitting some to my C63 when the solid rotors are done, for the huge reduction in unsprung weight and because they look sexy.

Try Acid at MSL, normally does a cracking deal on discs / pads (OEM from MB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom