Which drop links to lower S class W221 model?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello everyone

I was going to buy the module that lowers the car by pressing the button but I've been reading online that you can lower this cars by changing the drop links (fitting adjustable links) and there's quite a bit of a difference on price! £500 for the lowering module or £100+ for adjustable drop links

I don't want to go crazy low but I want the car a bit lower, maybe 35mm? Or 40mm max

I've found this website, should I go for this or is there any other ones you guys recommend?

Link

Adjustable Air Ride

I'm a bit confused that it says s class with abc sport suspension? Does that mean that some s classes have just abc air suspension and some abc sport air suspension? Are this drop links the right ones for my car?

Please let know if I should go for this one's or if there's anything I need to be aware of.
Anyone have any experience with lowering their cars just by changing the drop links?

Many thanks

Sam, if you are not getting the module, have you considered getting it lowered on star? KillerHertz on here lowered his CLS 55 which was on airmatic that way.
I used links on my CLS, they are pretty straight forward to fit, but it's trial and error to get it at the height you want. They have to be removed and refitted each time as they can't be adjusted in situ.

Personally I wouldn't have them again, but would definitely consider star.

That's a good idea!
Do you know how much they can lower the car with the star system?
Also does star lower cars with airmatic only or can it also lower cars with abc system?

That's a good idea!
Do you know how much they can lower the car with the star system?
Also does star lower cars with airmatic only or can it also lower cars with abc system?

I don't know regarding how much it can be lowered via star, or if it can be done with abc. Perhaps a call to your indie may be able to answer your questions, unless someone on here is able to shed any light on it.

FWIW, I think LH had his airmatic lowered by 25mm via star IIRC.

My 2004 E55 with Airmatic couldn't be lowered on Star so it might not always work. Worth a try though.

@m2287 is an expert on the ABC system might be worth asking him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom