Which exhaust manifolds for 55K?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ftb

Car
2010 C220CDI Estate, 2005 CLS55AMG Coupe
What would you recommend to buy? Does anyone have data on how these differ from make to make? I'm aware of cheap quality headers that are actually worse than OE log type manifolds. Don't want these! What are the best quality headers available in the market for these cars today? Don't mind custom made Parts, just want quality.

Look no further than Kleemann for quality headers. I think Eurocharged also manufacture long tube headers for the 55k.

Call Acid at MSL (07765 444447) as I think he may be an agent for their products.

Thanks for your reply. Keep them coming boys, share what you've got.

Had Kleeman manifolds on my E55K, they sounded brilliant and are pretty much recognised as being the "go to" choice.

+2

Whoa! All hail Kleeman?? Thanks for the advice, I will be ordering a set from the US tonight. I fit things like these myself. Will use MSL for tuning.

ftb said:
Whoa! All hail Kleeman?? Thanks for the advice, I will be ordering a set from the US tonight. I fit things like these myself. Will use MSL for tuning.

Cost from the us ?
Best quote you had from uk ?

Cost from the us ?

^ Worth thinking about.

Acid may be able to get a discount that you can't, plus remember the import duty.

Not 100% but I believe the drivers side Kleemann manifold needs slight adjustment ( a clout with a hammer:D) to clear the steering column.

Cost from the us ?

$700 direct from Kleeman USA (via ebay). Probably even less when bought direct. They will be brought over by a work colleague next month. I haven't spoken to MSL due to hols.

Kleemann products are also available for supply in the UK through SKG Performance their UK distributor (skgperformance.com). I have always found Steen to be most helpful and I see that he now has his new website working!

is there anyway you can fit Headers and still retain primary cats??

PLM shorty headers and you retain all the Cats.

Except they don't have the same effect as the Long Tube Headers...

Personally, if I had my time again, I would still fit the Kleeman LTHs but also 200 cell racing CATs because no CATs don't half stink and the MOT thing is a bit of a nuisance.

Its not the Mot thing its the Noise more than anything, the car is loud enough already so perhaps some Race cats could be the answer.

Had Kleeman manifolds on my E55K, they sounded brilliant and are pretty much recognised as being the "go to" choice.

Were they short or long tube? Hoping to visit MSL soon for a few choice items.

What are you having done? I'm on the quest myself. Thinking headers & cooling.

Plan is Kleeman headers, Johnson pump, pulleys, re-map, LSD and a service. Possibly cooling depending which pulleys I go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom