Which front brake pads for W203 with Avantgarde pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CBUser

Car
2005 C180 Kompressor
Hi,

I'm going to put some new pads on the front but having problems finding the right pad for the job.

The car is a 2005 C180 Kompressor and has the Avantgarde pack which has the fixed calipers.

Every brake book I've looked at has 3 different possible sizes for the W203.
There's the floating caliper pads which I know won't fit

Then there's these two different types which both claim to be for the upgraded brakes:
1. Brembo Brake Pad (Front)
2. Brembo Brake Pad (Front)

Both have very different dimensions. One does have a note stating that it's for cars without sport package. But other websites selling the same pads have a note stating that they are for cars with the AMG sport pack.

Was there 3 variations of front brakes on the W203?

Other than removing the existing pads and measuring is there any way of knowing which is the correct type?

First link is for cars with Sports Pack (bigger brakes)
Second is for cars without Sports Pack or AMG

Does your car have the lower sports suspension, calipers have Mercedes Benz decal attached..

First link is for cars with Sports Pack (bigger brakes)
Second is for cars without Sports Pack or AMG

Does your car have the lower sports suspension, calipers have Mercedes Benz decal attached..

The calipers do have the Mercedes decal. Not sure about the suspension, it's quite harsh but it doesn't look particularly low.

It has the larger drilled brake disks.

Mine is Avantgarde but doesn't have drilled discs. I think Sports suspension came with 17" wheels. Mine are 16" - although it's still harsh and it's pretty low.

Hi,

I'm going to put some new pads on the front but having problems finding the right pad for the job.

The car is a 2005 C180 Kompressor and has the Avantgarde pack which has the fixed calipers.

Every brake book I've looked at has 3 different possible sizes for the W203.
There's the floating caliper pads which I know won't fit

Then there's these two different types which both claim to be for the upgraded brakes:
1. Brembo Brake Pad (Front)
2. Brembo Brake Pad (Front)

Both have very different dimensions. One does have a note stating that it's for cars without sport package. But other websites selling the same pads have a note stating that they are for cars with the AMG sport pack.

Was there 3 variations of front brakes on the W203?

Other than removing the existing pads and measuring is there any way of knowing which is the correct type?

Post your VIN and I can give you the correct part numbers.

Mine is Avantgarde but doesn't have drilled discs. I think Sports suspension came with 17" wheels. Mine are 16" - although it's still harsh and it's pretty low.
It has 17" wheels so sounds like it's got the sport pack then.

Post your VIN and I can give you the correct part numbers.

Thanks. VIN is WDC2030462R204989

A 004 420 51 20 FRONT
A 003 420 52 20 REAR

You have the Sports package/ AMG package code: 949/950
Thanks.

That translates to the "P 50 073" Brembo pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom