Which gearbox have I got please. 2007 320 CDI 211 E Class Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldbloke

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI Elegance 2007 Non- ADS
As per the title I'm struggling to figure out exactly which auto box I have. There is no dip stick. I'm leaning towards 722.9 box with 7 speeds, and would like to order the correct level tube, bolts and filter. Am I correct?
Transmission oil and filter was last changed about 35,000 miles ago by the MB dealer in Jersey Channel Islands, but I've noticed a small leak around the gasket the last two times I've been underneath and removed the shields. Interestingly the gasket on my box looks like cork rather than the rubber gaskets available to buy. Did they change over from cork to rubber because the cork tended to leak? The car is now on 70,000 miles without apparent gearbox related problems but I don't want the level dropping too low and it's now due a fluid and filter change.

Have you counted the number of gear changes from rest?

OP, you have indeed a 722.9 seven-speed. If you post your VIN on here, there are several very kind members, one of whom will almost certainly post up the cars full datacard, which will confirm this.

Have you counted the number of gear changes from rest?

Yes. Doing it manually I get 1,2,3,4,5,6,and then D for drive. So seven gears.

OP, you have indeed a 722.9 seven-speed. If you post your VIN on here, there are several very kind members, one of whom will almost certainly post up the cars full datacard, which will confirm this.

Thank you. Vin is: WDB2112222B129350

Excellent!

A great combination of gearbox and engine!

Excellent!

Yes, done just over 50k in her and like the combination a lot. Where I’ve driven her abroad I’ve been well impressed by the overall fuel consumption and the pick up over the ton

Excellent!

Yes, done just over 50k in her and like the combination a lot. Where I’ve driven her abroad I’ve been well impressed by the overall fuel consumption and the pick up over the ton

Thank you very much for looking the data up
You’re more than welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom