Which good quality foot pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
I'm looking for a good quality manual foot pump (again! - my Draper leaks)

I've read: Foot Pumps Review | Car Foot Pump | Double Barrel Foot Pump | Twin-Barrel Footpump

But many people seem less than happy with the Michelin which wins the review and I'm less than happy with the Draper which also did well.

It seems the plastic adaptors are a weak area of all these pumps these days. So does anyone know of a high quality foot pump which has metal adaptors?

It must be a manual pump, so no electric pump recommendations please :)

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I Have a michellin one I keep in the boot...however

I actually find my bike pump, much much better to use, easier and qucker to pump up and the guage is nearer so I can see it easier :)

I also used to have an upright style bike pump - that too has recently broken. Maybe I'm unlucky or my technique needs improvement ;)

My old Michelin electric pump had a nice metal screw on adaptor, but then the pump failed on that.

Might try to make one good pump from the bit 'n pieces of old pumps I have.

I should do what most people do and that's never check the tyres until they visibly look flat - ignorance is bliss hey!

The electric pump I bought from Costco also has a brass screw on adapter and, if their gaurantee is to be believed, if it burns out they will replace it.

I used a double barrel foot-pump for many years, which was good but time-consuming, but them moved to Michelin electrical quick inflate thinly with the digital display, which is superb - very very quick. About £45 from Halfords iirc. HTH.

wemorgan said:
...But many people seem less than happy with the Michelin which wins the review..

I've been very pleased with the two single-barrel Michelin pumps I bought from Argos in about 2001. One in each car and they inflate a 205x16 tyre easily enough for me - even from near-flat a couple of times. A twin-barrel wouldn't fit the space, but I honestly don't feel the need, and it still has only one tube and one valve, so how much quicker can it be?

wemorgan said:
...It must be a manual pump, so no electric pump recommendations please :)
But then the Michelin is a pedal pump, so perhaps it doesn't qualify either...
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom