which hack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Hi all.

Need a cheap ish hack to get to the yard, 5 miles each way and possibly to footie on a saturday, q7 as the main car.

Budget 800-1300.

Been offered:
98 e240 (v6) seven seater, full test, touch of rot, needs one wing, dark interior, well serviced up.
98 c200 grey interior 110k miles, touch of rot, needs a service and mot in march, local, owned for years
98 c180 dark interior, 130k miles, touch of rot, and a cpl of slight scrapes, needs service but full test.

Comments please? Never really driven an e240 or a c180

The 98 C200 John.

I have had the C180 and great car as it was I could have done with the extra power of a 2.0 when there was more than just the driver in.

The 98 E240 would be my second choice.

Edit.
I'm with grober on the front spring perches and general all around rust and 210 gremlins. If you are going down a track to the buildings it will rattle itself to death.

Last edited:
Ive got a high mileage C200 estate, W reg, MOT to next september, taxed I think, marks around body but drives lovely. £600

has to be an estate derek

OK , sorry , didn't realise from your original post .

Other possibility is a W124 estate - plenty around at low prices and they tend to run forever .

Silver with black cloth, destined to be another courtesy car if JB doesnt want it!

'box ok?

I am interested if Jb does not have it. Infact I will have it if he says no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom