Which iCarsoft reader?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had the MB v2 since last year and it's a good starting point for the average mechanic to read and cleared faults. It does give you the option for a Regen bit not tried it yet on mine. I have used the electric handbrake reset a few times and that works great but you can't do much with the gearbox and that's why I also have Delphi to reset gearboxes with.
I would be interested to buy one of theses mainly for the regen option, my mileage is really low at the moment and I don't do hardly any motorway work.

Can you do the regen stationary or do you need to do it on a run ?
Will it measure gearbox temp as will want to do a gearbox oil change when the weather gets a bit warmer ?

I would be interested to buy one of theses mainly for the regen option, my mileage is really low at the moment and I don't do hardly any motorway work.

Can you do the regen stationary or do you need to do it on a run ?
Will it measure gearbox temp as will want to do a gearbox oil change when the weather gets a bit warmer ?
With my CRO-PRO, you can do a Regen, I understand. That was the main reson I bought it, as I already had the MB11 version, ( which is a good piece of kit too,even if it does not have the same functional capacity as the CroPro ) I've used to check the transmission oil temp during a ATF change, works fine. Heres what you need to do: Connect reader , select car etc. Then Transmission.-Actual Values-Tc Lockup-Oil Temperature is displayed. Its very important that you use this method, its the actual temp of the fluid, as against using external an infra-red scanner because there will always be a difference of a few degrees between the two methods, and in this case, you need to be very precise with the exact amount is in the trans. And a difference of a few degrees will mean either too much, or not enough fluid in the box. I've never used it for a regen, have not needed to do so yet. Plus I'm not sure how to go about it, but will cross that bridge when / if I get to it. I'd say for the CroPro to instigate a regen, that for a success full regen, the DPF would have to meet all the right conditions first, but like I said, I've yet to do it. But I have monitored the condition of the DPF, soot level, pre and after pressure readings.So far, so good!!!. If anyone has used it for a regen, would be good to share the details here, step by step.

With my CRO-PRO, you can do a Regen, I understand. That was the main reson I bought it, as I already had the MB11 version, ( which is a good piece of kit too,even if it does not have the same functional capacity as the CroPro ) I've used to check the transmission oil temp during a ATF change, works fine. Heres what you need to do: Connect reader , select car etc. Then Transmission.-Actual Values-Tc Lockup-Oil Temperature is displayed. Its very important that you use this method, its the actual temp of the fluid, as against using external an infra-red scanner because there will always be a difference of a few degrees between the two methods, and in this case, you need to be very precise with the exact amount is in the trans. And a difference of a few degrees will mean either too much, or not enough fluid in the box. I've never used it for a regen, have not needed to do so yet. Plus I'm not sure how to go about it, but will cross that bridge when / if I get to it. I'd say for the CroPro to instigate a regen, that for a success full regen, the DPF would have to meet all the right conditions first, but like I said, I've yet to do it. But I have monitored the condition of the DPF, soot level, pre and after pressure readings.So far, so good!!!. If anyone has used it for a regen, would be good to share the details here, step by step.

Excellent, thanks for your help.

I’ll be doing a regen on one of my 2014 Sprinters - once it’s back from site - so I’ll try and post a run through.

Anyone know any discount codes as will be buying one in next few day ?

I’ll be doing a regen on one of my 2014 Sprinters - once it’s back from site - so I’ll try and post a run through.
Perfect !!! And BTW, the temp instructions were for the iCarsoft 11. With the CroPro, its even simpler, just "Transmission-Data, and it shows it amongst other data.

Did you buy the pro version?
No just the Merc one, I have 2 mercs and as they both perform so well will probably never change.
Hopefully.

No just the Merc one, I have 2 mercs and as they both perform so well will probably never change.
Hopefully.
Argh nice one. Good investment. Update it once it arrives . 11.60 is the latest software I've seen. :)

One of the differences at the time was that the CRpro could programme a new battery to the car, the MBII couldn't. I do not know if that has been rectified now with a software update

kc
I think that was added with a new software update. I recently changed the two batteries on my cars and did not bother programming them to the car and they work perfectly. Not really sure what the point of that feature is for?

I may possibly sell my mb2 v2 and buy the 10 car model . Decisions Decisions!!

So iCarsoft MB v2 arrived today, updated it to 11.60 although it was already with the latest version.
Had a quick play through the menu and found the DPF was at 33%, first job then to do a regen.

dpf.JPG

Yes for MBV2. Just used it two mins ago as it happens

Got a nice reply from iCarsoft in US confirming that the C118 is not supported on the current firmware but they are working on including it, and will let me know when it's done. No idea on the timeline though.

Tried tonight and it won’t do a 2014 Sprinter regen.

Might have a look again Monday, see if I’ve missed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom