Which insurance company doesn't ask for copies of driving licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You'll probably find more and more insurers asking for copies of driving licences compared to a few years ago.
Regards,
Dan.

Any insight as to why Dan?

Was asked for the first time by a broker (Zenith Insurance) for copies but I scanned and emailed them. Never been asked before since last 19 yrs of driving though!

Any insight as to why Dan?

I have been waiting for Dan to reply to this, but in the absence of his response..........

Have you any idea how much insurance fraud goes on in this country ?

I am guessing that insurers are now beginning to realise that spending an awful lot of money on early policy checks can save them even more money by not having to pay out claims on fraudulent policies.
The idea being to protect the premiums of their honest customers, and therefore keep a good customer base.

Remember also that everyone has to update their photo on their licence card every 10 years, i would imagine this catches quite a few people out - ie they forget, so insurance companies would probably take great delight in refusing to pay out for this and other reasons!

Remember also that everyone has to update their photo on their licence card every 10 years, i would imagine this catches quite a few people out - ie they forget, so insurance companies would probably take great delight in refusing to pay out for this and other reasons!

Not so. If the documents aren't submitted within 28 days or so the policy is cancelled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom