Which Internet Security Package?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Evenin' all.

The trial McAfee software that came with my Toshiba laptop has expired.

I'm not really a fan of McAfee and especially Norton - I find both programs to be controlling and also they slow a machine down.

I had AVG free on my last laptop and never had a moment's worry, so should I stick with AVG or is there something better on the market (free or to purchase) that I should use?

TIA.

Paul.

I use AVG and have done for years. I had a short stint with Norton but got rid of it as soon as i could!!

As well as AVG i also use malwearbytes free downloaded from download.com to scan the system.

Between the two they seem to find all issues and i have had a problem free computer for a number of years now.

I've used Avast anti-virus together with ZoneAlarm firewall for a number of years without problems or infections (free versions of both).

PC Tools Firewall, AVG Internet Security, regular scans with malware Bytes and spy bot search and destroy. Never been beaten yet on my machines.

I have Zone Alarm and avast. I had avg for many years but dumped it for avast which is much better, all free.

I only use Microsoft Security Essentials now, which is basic but very good. Also completely free!

I had Norton previously, and it let two malware attacks through. MSE found and removed straight away.

I used AVG for many years, but found it was taking up to 4 hours every day to scan. So I dumped it for Avast, which I think is much quicker and it's free. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom