Which is more reliable m156 or m157

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beats a £12,000 m157 repair bill.

Twelve thousand pounds.

Not the most pleasant of posts given Bof's issues. I share his pain after an S85 V10 rebuild.

To take joy from the unhappiness of others is quite a poor trait.

Not the most pleasant of posts given Bof's issues. I share his pain after an S85 V10 rebuild.

Agreed....I certainly wouldn't want this kind of bill for my M157 powered E63 & wouldn't wish it on anyone else...

No joy, the fella is a constant m156 hater........

No joy, the fella is a constant m156 hater........
Not at all; I just find it hard not to rattle the chains of the small coterie of M156 fanboys who are forever comparing the M156 to the M157 as though the M156 was the greatest thing ever...

Not at all; I just find it hard not to rattle the chains of the small coterie of M156 fanboys who are forever comparing the M156 to the M157 as though the M156 was the greatest thing ever...
Now if this was a discussion about the S85, we'd be having words! Lol

Let's not start a debate on how much it costs to repair an M156. Most owners at first signs of trouble prefer to dump them quietly and "move on". The most heroic ones keep at it despite the cost which is no different to what's mentioned above. Parts are parts and labour is still labour and at the end of the day you've got 8 of everything to replace, hone and assemble.

Just because you don't hear about the trouble, doesn't mean it's reliable, my dear garage queen M156 owners :)

Who gives a million .u.ks what is more reliable. Both have issues that can arise. Many engines have issues.

I know one thing, nothing sounds as good as a M156 in the AMG or Mpower world.

Mine is no garage queen, have it out every day if time allows.

And it sounds fricking awesome. 💥💥

I big 😘 to all you m156 haters 🤣🤣👍

If you think I'm sexy, we really should talk. Bring your own shirt...

If you think I'm sexy, we really should talk. Bring your own shirt...

Screenshot_20210801-230136.png

This one be ok 😘

Frankie says yes...

I knew you would like that one. A proper poser's M157 owners I got more power than you shirt that 😘

None of us hate the M156, despite what you seem to think. The problem, in a nutshell, is that a few of the M156 boys seem to feel the need to rubbish the M113 and M157 to try to quell the sneaking suspicion that the rest of us might be right, and the M156 is the inferior engine.

It's not inferior; it's just different. Better in some ways, worse in others. They're all good engines.

Get over yourselves.

None of us hate the M156, despite what you seem to think. The problem, in a nutshell, is that a few of the M156 boys seem to feel the need to rubbish the M113 and M157 to try to quell the sneaking suspicion that the rest of us might be right, and the M156 is the inferior engine.

It's not inferior; it's just different. Better in some ways, worse in others. They're all good engines.

Get over yourselves.

Speak for yourself you go on like an old hen 🐔🤣🤣

Speak for yourself you go on like an old hen 🐔🤣🤣
What’s the alternative?
A C0CK?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom