Which led number plate lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teshie

Car
C63 AMG
Ive been searching eBay for the last 4 weeks for some led number plate lights for my S320 2008
Can someone point in the right direction, as they differ in price quite a bit
Obviously I don't want messages flashing up on the dash, but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily on over priced items,when cheaper ones work just as good
Thanks in advance

Are you that tight that spending under a tenner (whether it works or not) is an issue? Baffled!

Leabrooks said:
Are you that tight that spending under a tenner (whether it works or not) is an issue? Baffled!

That's what I mean there are some for less than a tenner (bulbs) then there are complete units for £30???

Dunno mate, I'd go with the cheap ones, then if they work you've won, if they don't, you haven't lost much and can be resold (or scrapped) and you can then buy the more expensive ones...and not really lost much money, they're bulbs at the end of the day.

It isn't just about price, it's the time taken to correct the issues.
I bought some LED number plate lights on EBay as guaranteed error free. No canbus errors but the LEDs had issues flashing, the supplier advised fitted parallel resistors which they also sold.
The resistors didn't fix the flashing, and the supplier claims running the LEDs without the resistors has damaged them, and I need to buy new ones to use with the resistors.

Too much hassle for me, don't like driving with faulty lights even if only number plates. Reverted back to OEM, until I can source reliable equipment.

Dunno mate, I'd go with the cheap ones, then if they work you've won, if they don't, you haven't lost much and can be resold (or scrapped) and you can then buy the more expensive ones...and not really lost much money, they're bulbs at the end of the day.

The trouble is they are not bulbs:doh:

So you happily through away a tenner a time taking a punt on crap...

If you saw a tenner on the floor, would you pick it up?

get them from Killerhertz, admin on here.

I have them front and rear plates, works well. no issues.

however, best not to have the come home lights option on as that runs on different voltage which can damage the LEDs -- I think that is what I read

get them from Killerhertz, admin on here.

I have them front and rear plates, works well. no issues.

however, best not to have the come home lights option on as that runs on different voltage which can damage the LEDs -- I think that is what I read

Coo you must be posh..... front number plate lights

Well, I went for the higher priced ones at £22.78 and fitted them tonight
They work a treat with no errors or flashing issues.....happy days!!!

I tried a few cheap ones in the past and it's well worth spending the extra for a decent set. Lots of them are listed as "error free" but the very cheap end will always give you errors.

If a complete unit is available then I would go with that (IE bulb and lens replacement)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom