Which manufacturers are oem for the following...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
I need a few bits and would like to know which brand are decent quality and which aren't
A 113 016 03 21 cylinder head cover seals - febi I recognise?
A 113 016 03 21 and A 211 270 05 27 oil lines
A 220 240 27 17 engine mounts - again febi?
A 211 463 03 66 steering bushes.

I've asked a couple of dealers to quote too

Many thanks for any info
David

In all honesty, what you will save is marginal vis a vis quality.

I need a few bits and would like to know which brand are decent quality and which aren't
A 113 016 03 21 cylinder head cover seals - febi I recognise?
A 113 016 03 21 and A 211 270 05 27 oil lines
A 220 240 27 17 engine mounts - again febi?
A 211 463 03 66 steering bushes.

I've asked a couple of dealers to quote too

Many thanks for any info
David
I think Febi would be fine. Obvs MB buy components in. I bought a Febi pulley set couple of years ago. Less than half dealer price and equal quality.
Talk to your local motor factors.

I've had a bit of a mixed bag with Febi in the past, some good some not so. My preference is Lemforder for suspension parts. I would check the main dealer prices - if the difference is not huge I would go for genuine if I could not find Lemforder - especially for parts that are critical or where there is a substantial labour cost / time.

I've had a bit of a mixed bag with Febi in the past, some good some not so. My preference is Lemforder for suspension parts. I would check the main dealer prices - if the difference is not huge I would go for genuine if I could not find Lemforder - especially for parts that are critical or where there is a substantial labour cost / time.

I agree 100% with that. You can strike lucky with Febi (not a supplier to MB) but, unless you're sure, I'd steer clear. Lemfoerder, yes.

I've come across manufacturer 'genuine' parts being sold at ECP/ CPFL for a keener price.

Here's a VW Audi genuine Lemforder C link sold by ECP with the genuine part numbers ground off .

Screenshot_20210112-104527_Gallery.jpg

Thanks all. Have gone with Lemforder for a couple of bits that are out of stock at MB and a package from MB Newcastle (hopefully).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom