Which map version do I have in NTG4?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Argent

Car
E250 CDi Sport Auto
Evening All

I have recently part-exxed my trusty old W211 E Class for a 2011 MY W212 E250 CDi Sport.

Lovely car, brimming with around £10k of options :bannana:

One question so far.....how do I tell which software mapping version I have in the factory-fitted Comand? Nothing in the myriads of MB literature that came with car tells me how to get into the Comand's menu system. I'd like to update it to the latest 2014 version.

OK, two questions then :p - is it worth doing? Does anyone here know the exact differences between what I (probably) have, and the latest version? They seem to be selling for around £100, and I don't particularly want to throw money at the upgrade if the differences are trivial.

Alfie / Richard??

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading!

A

Last edited:
Funnily enough i have just got the latest disc for it today.

This is the part no. but they are £156 inc VAT. Fortunately i never had to pay as i was owed a map update.

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

When you go into the settings on the Navigation bit it tells you what map version you have on the car.

Just been and checked as couldn't remember the exact button press.

But using the control wheel select Navi. You go to the Map Display.
Push up on the wheel and highlight then select Navi again.
You now get a menu pop saying Map display, blocked routes etc.
Scroll down to the bottom option which is Map Version.
Select that and it tells you what version you have.

Not sure if yours is included in the 3yrs free map updates or not.

As for differences it will just be latest road mapping. But be aware it will be a few months to a year out of date. The Disc i have just got apparently has Q4 2013 map data.

Thanks Carl.

There is nothing in that menu that refers to the version #.

The last entry in that list is "save off-road route".

The car is one of the last pre-facelift ones, therefore I may have different Comand hardware to what you have. I would have assumed all NTG4 units would have the same UI however :dk:

Regards,

A

Alex,

I have a pre facelift also. You have to scroll through that menu as there are options off the list.

I can't take pics as currently I'm 35% through updating the map in mine. But the option should be there unless yours has never been updated.

Last edited:
Just noticed yours is an E Class so it may be different. Are you sure yours isn't an NTG 4.5?

Can you go online with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom