Which MB gizmos do you wish you had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ItalianTuneUp

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI
Following on from 'top 3 mb gizmos' thread, which MB gizmos/options etc do you wish your car had?

This is a bit harder to know, but maybe when travelling in a friend's MB one sees a useful option. For example, one of my mates' MB has heated seats which I loved when out on a cold day.

The options I wished my car had then would probably be:

- heated seats
- distronic

For now I can't think of any other useful options, but I'm sure there are others I might want, if only I was aware.

The top 3 gizmos thread was here:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/169429-what-your-top-3-favourite-mb-gizmos.html

1. Music streaming Bluetooth, preferably with steering wheel control
2. Rear camera
3. 6.3 v8

I sacrificed my Distronic when I moved from the S211 to the S212, and also Keyless, which wasn't available on the early S212's.

I'd like both back, as they are great options.

Rear seat entertainment package :(

Using Argos tack-on screens at the moment...

Solar-panel powered interior cooling when parked up (I forget the proper term for it).

As a keyless ignoramus, what is it and how does it work? I presume there is a button to start the engine, but don't you still need a key fob remote to open the door anyway? So what's the big benefit of it?

The car senses you're near, so no need to press anything to gain entry - just tug the door handle.

Edit - saves patting around all your pockets for keys. You wouldn't miss it til you've had it.

Last edited:
Had this on the Renault... wireless key.

As long as you carry the key card on your person no need to use it at all to operate the car. As said, pull handle, get in, push start button.

It being a Renault I was very worried about the reliability of this French electronic gizmo.... I did not want the wife to get stranded. But luckily it did not fail during the 5 years that we had the Renault (though other things did...).

So a sigh of relief when it turned out that the Kia that we bought to replace the Renault had old fashioned metal keys... One of which simply got broken after a couple of months. :(

The media interface pack. It takes about 5 minutes for the Merc to read the 64gb USB memory stick.

I think I need plan B!

Harmon Kardon audio and maybe the 19" wheels but I just cant face the idea with the roads as bad as they are around here.

Heated steering wheel

A supercharger

1 Distronic.
2 Heated rear seats.
3 Rear entertainment package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom