Which Model Alfa Romeo is this? (asks whitenemesis)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/other-marques-gallery/131592-model-alfa-romeo.html

whitenemesis, it's not possible to post replies in the Gallery forum.

And I believe the answer your question is 166.

alfa%201.jpg

Last edited:
Yes looks like a 166 - their executive car. The car with near vertical depreciation.

D'oh!!!

Thanks markjay :D. I'll do a bit of Googling around 166.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks elegant and very Italian!

Bloke at work had one and simply loved it ! The interior was beautiful and it went like stink. Reliable into the bargain !! Mind I am not biased as an Alfa fan

Looks a nice place to sit

Alfa-166-1.jpg

Nice looking engine...

20061105_Alfa_Romeo_166_3-11.jpg_v6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not one for big cars but I actually think the 166 is quite a handsome beast. As you can buy one for buttons, I'd seriously consider one as an interesting purchase if I was looking for a shed. Doubtless all the toys stop working, but if you can find one that's mechanically good I bet it'd be a winner..

Cheers,

Gaz

On and off...

:p

Very good!

And yes, they did work, along with everything else in the car. Did 50,000 miles in it in 2 years and absolutely nothing went wrong. Still occasionally think about getting another - would have to be a facelift 3.2 this time though...

As I keep posting about on here, my wife's 147 refuses to do anything but work perfectly. One door has a huge dent with a decent patch of paint missing (vandalism - brick thrown at the door) and it refuses to tarnish, because it has obviously been properly galvanised, not pretend galvanised as per MB.

It has really put my E-Class to shame.

As an ex-Alfa GT owner/ lover!, I feel qualified to confirm it's both a 166 & an ugly mother! Surprisingly, my Alfa never let me down either!, didn't cost the earth to run & now resides on my brother-in-law's drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom