Which model do I go for? (dillema)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mxs

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
Seriously thinking about trading up from my '98 facelift C180 auto elegance to a 2001/02 180.

What are the pro's & con's on the newer version? I have heard of build quality problems, but are there any other things I need to look out for or take into account?

Any peeps out there who have done this, and wish they hadn't?

I have a c180 04 build (not the very latest one though) and I wish I hadn't.

It has been back 8 times with rattles and it has just developed a new one!!

MB C Class build quality is rubbish in my opinion (compared with my last car - a 3 series BMW)!!
:eek:

Well i found the new shape very small inside. When i sit comfortably in the front there is no chance of anyone squeezing in behind me!
I don't really think the build quality is all that either, my demo car squeeked a fair bit and didn't feel that solid either.

I had one as a loan car for two days last week, it had done 10K miles (C200 Classic) and didn't have any squeaks or rattles at all.

must be the luck of the draw. mine is fine.

if youre going for the 180 , try and get a 180 kompressor or a 200 kompressor as this makes a huge diference to the car.

RichardM said:
I had one as a loan car for two days last week, it had done 10K miles (C200 Classic) and didn't have any squeaks or rattles at all.

You were the lucky one!
I drove one of the first models that were released so maybe they've improved since then. I still wouldn't buy one over the space issues.

fuzzer said:
if youre going for the 180 , try and get a 180 kompressor or a 200 kompressor as this makes a huge diference to the car.
Agree! :)

id say the old shape i was impressed with my 94 c250 not a problem what so ever was nice to drive and looked nice unlike the new ones which are starting to look like the adverage new car a bubble on wheels.

that just my little say lol not much help when your talking about upgradeing cars.

wouldnt a c36 amg be a better upgrade ? i would get a c36 if i could insure one.

nfs_tgb said:
wouldnt a c36 amg be a better upgrade ? i would get a c36 if i could insure one.

Its not just the insurance , its a complete labour of love when youve got one. Everything is expencive about owning an AMG.

Mine is now perfect - had few electrical glitches from new which have all now been reosolved finaly under warranty - mine is very well speced and is a real head turner (its had the zymol treatment etc.) and depsite being just over 1 year old is in showroom condition. :D

CLS is next on the cards... :)

Flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom