Which Model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SUPERNOVA1a

Car
Mercedes S63 BiTurbo 2012. LEXUS LS400. JENSEN INTERCEPTOR Mk3 8.2
Hi

Just want get a feel of what you guys(and Gals) think would be a better choice?
A) 2008 S63 6.2l 34000 miles, FMBSH asking price £ 24950.
B) 2012 S63 5.5l 80000 miles. FMBSH asking price £ 24750.

Hi

Just want get a feel of what you guys(and Gals) think would be a better choice?
A) 2008 S63 6.2l 34000 miles, FMBSH asking price £ 24950.
B) 2012 S63 5.5l 80000 miles. FMBSH asking price £ 24750.
If it were me I would go for the newer model..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

An interesting video about the two engine variants.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Personally, as long as the newer car carries it's 80k miles well, I'd take that over the very low mileage one..
Low mileage 'garage queens' can be quite problematic..

I'd go for the second one.

Would much rather a higher mileage younger car that's been used (all the fluids up to temperature a lot more) than a 10 year old garage queen.

Subject to condition of the newer one of course.

The newer model benefits from having a proper engine installed too.
:banana:

Last edited:
B) has rejected the offer that was based on what MB would have retailed it for So will see what A) says on Thursday. As to the car that I had put a deposit on and was supposed to pick up on Friday. I pulled out of the deal because the was problem with getting road tax because they did not have a copy of the Log Book. and to get another on it was going to take 2/4 weeks.

A. It has the best v8 ever produced under the hood.

The 5.5, whether 55K or 55tt, is superior to the 6.2 if you prefer low-end torque; the 6.2 makes its hard torque and power higher up the rev range. I wouldn't have a 6.2, but only because I don't care for rev-happy engines. It's all relative, though; I doubt any of the three would disappoint...

I'd go for the later car, but if the current seller thinks it's worth more than a main dealer would ask, there's not much you can do except hope that he comes to his senses.

The 5.5 suits the character of the S63 better.

It also depends how you drive, if you waft then 5.5 but if you like extra excitement when nailing it then 6.2.

Wafting is the best way to travel.

If the E63 has the 5.5l biturbo engine I'd be in that without doubt.

B) has rejected the offer that was based on what MB would have retailed it for So will see what A) says on Thursday. As to the car that I had put a deposit on and was supposed to pick up on Friday. I pulled out of the deal because the was problem with getting road tax because they did not have a copy of the Log Book. and to get another on it was going to take 2/4 weeks.

It seems that Auto trader was at fault. No messages were passed on. The seller of car B has responded and will go and have a look on Friday unless it is sold before then, Mind is settling on car B.

I’d go for car B - it’s newer, it’s a facelift and it’s got the bi-turbo V8.

B for sure. The M157 is really excellent, can’t say highly enough. Slight turbo lag but a decent map will negate most of that. As well as such the interior of the car itself will be more modern

B for sure. The M157 is really excellent, can’t say highly enough. Slight turbo lag but a decent map will negate most of that. As well as such the interior of the car itself will be more modern
Turbo lag? Really???

You will struggle to sell a 5.5 with 90k+ (adding in the your own miles) mileage IMHO.

I'd therefore buy neither, and save a few more £££ for a lower mileage 5.5.

He's trying to buy one, not sell one!

Of course you can sell it with more miles, just with a correspondingly lower price.

Cars are meant to be bought and driven rather than fretting over how much each mile costs. A lot of the depreciation has already happened.

"A lot of the depreciation has already happened."

Car B) was retailed at £ 100,127.49.
Car A) was retailed at £ 98,144.66.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom