Which OEM stereo includes Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebusman

Car
Clk
As above.. I have a 2006 CLK, and want to upgrade the standard stereo to include Bluetooth for phone and music but want original MB equipment? My original stereo front is all scratched so needs replacing anyway. Any suggestions please..

For ball park costs, have a look here

As above.. I have a 2006 CLK, and want to upgrade the standard stereo to include Bluetooth for phone and music but want original MB equipment? My original stereo front is all scratched so needs replacing anyway. Any suggestions please..
You’ll need a much later unit. Which head unit do you have at the moment?

Sorry I don't know. Just bought the car so all a bit new to me. I would say the original factory fit.

Call comand.co.uk (sponsors of this forum and MB ICE gurus) with your VIN, they'll look up the build sheet for your car to see exactly what it left the factory with and can then advise what is needed to achieve what you want to achieve. Chances are they can also supply and fit, but they're a bit of a distance from you as they're a couple of miles from J3M3.

Your 2006 CLK will currently have either the basic Audio20, or the more advanced COMAND NTG2 which also includes navigation.

You could retrofit COMAND NTG2.5, which will add Bluetooth telephony. However, the retrofit won't be cheap and the COMAND NTG2.5 unit will be outdated in today's terms.

Another option would be an Android-based unit, e.g. Erisin. This will be a modern unit including Bluetooth telephony and also audio streaming over Bluetooth. But it won't have the same look and feel of an original MB unit.

And last, you could simply add a Bluetooth phone adapter to your current system, e.g. Parrot.

Either way, see post #2 for a link to Comand UK who will be able to advise.

EDIT: I meant Post #5 (not #2): www.comandonline.co.uk

Last edited:
Think you need to edit that Mark, Post #2 link is Braybrooks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom