Which oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was always a fan of mercedesbenzofnewcastle, and their special offers,,20 Litre containers of MB approved 229.51 engine oil. Now with Brexit, and after getting the last change from that particular MBNewcastle container, I've switched to a 20 ltr Mannol Energy Combi SAE 05-30 LL API SN / CF , ACEA C3. Ex Amazon DE, €110, delivered. It also meets VAG spec 504.00-507.00. So good to go for the next two years anyway.

I was always a fan of mercedesbenzofnewcastle, and their special offers,,20 Litre containers of MB approved 229.51 engine oil. Now with Brexit, and after getting the last change from that particular MBNewcastle container, I've switched to a 20 ltr Mannol Energy Combi SAE 05-30 LL API SN / CF , ACEA C3. Ex Amazon DE, €110, delivered. It also meets VAG spec 504.00-507.00. So good to go for the next two years anyway.

cvpedinburgh have it for £78

Incidentally, although I posted the "joke", I have no problem with new members asking pertinent questions about oil brands/grades.
We don't all have the knowledge and asking here can confirm and put the member at ease.
2nd joke, yet the new members continue with oil suggestions. When Amazon basics, Asda, and Mannol are being used, joke is on their car engine and turbo.

cvpedinburgh have it for £78

Yes Teddy, that's the one that I have just finished. It was great value too, Damn Brexit.

But you can still get it? I paid £72 in October 2020 so it’s not too much dearer.

Sorry if I’m missing something here.
Yes Teddy, but I live in Ireland,,,,,,and they specifically state "Unable to deliver to Ireland".....SOB, SOB.....But not so bad, when you convert the £72 to €, and add postage, not so much difference cash wise. Quality-wise? Obviously, and in normal circumstances, I'd be a 100% MB parts for MB cars, but as the Mannol oil is on the MB approved list, it softens the blow a bit. So 20 ltr carton of mannol oil, ex Amazon DE, delivered to Ireland at €110, is not a bad deal either. And with a 365 day change interval, and I normally only do about 8'000 Klms per year, and the oil is long life ( what does that mean? 20-30'000 KLms? ) so I guess I'm ahead of the curve.:):thumb:

2nd joke, yet the new members continue with oil suggestions. When Amazon basics, Asda, and Mannol are being used, joke is on their car engine and turbo.

That's not really the thread's conclusion, though, is it? And you're a new member yourself...

That's not really the thread's conclusion, though, is it? And you're a new member yourself...
Perhaps a pending eye check up, or a comprehension test? The title is 'Active Member'. And you yourself are a part of this oil thread.

Incidentally, although I posted the "joke", I have no problem with new members asking pertinent questions about oil brands/grades.
We don't all have the knowledge and asking here can confirm and put the member at ease.
To an extent I agree, the other extent is RTFM

Perhaps a pending eye check up, or a comprehension test? The title is 'Active Member'. And you yourself are a part of this oil thread.
You have been here six months, and have 208 posts. I've been here nearly nine years, and have over eight thousand posts. Face it, sunshine; you're a newbie.

You also don't seem to have picked up on the thread's eventual conclusion.

You have been here six months, and have 208 posts. I've been here nearly nine years, and have over eight thousand posts. Face it, sunshine; you're a newbie.

You also don't seem to have picked up on the thread's eventual conclusion.
So you have more keyboard strokes, and nine years of wastage. Good for you. You surely have plenty of time.

Wind your neck in and pipe down, sonny, as befits a new bug, and you'll be fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom