Which One C-Class W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dellboi

Car
C-Class
Hi Guys looking to change back to a C-Class w205 and a little confused which model and engine I should go for. Definitely want a C250 or a Hybrid.

Have around £22000-£25000 be interested to know opinions and what extras or standard equipment is a must.

looking forward to receiving your responses.

Cheers

AMG Line trim and either 'premium' or 'premium plus' pack if you can find one within your budget.

The SE & Sport trim are a bit bland IMO

Go for an S205 as the estate is much better looking than the saloon, also I have airmatic suspension, premium plus with privacy glass. Engine wise I have a 220d but in hindsight I think a petrol version would be a bit more politically correct and help future resale value.
Also try and avoid the gloss black trim as it shows every finger print but also scratches easy when cleaning, auto is a must, manuals just don't hack it. All my opinions of course and others may disagree though.

Without a doubt, you need LED headlights, preferably with the Intelligent Light System.

Another vote for the intelligent headlights, the distronic plus is great too.

Estate with premium plus and airmatic suspension. Have had 2 of these one with and one without airmatic. Car is much better with it. Engine all depends on what miles you do. I'm high mileage hence the 220d

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chuffed to bits with ours...

2016 C250d AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
Designo Hyacinth Red Metallic
7G Auto
19" Multispoke Alloys (would have also been happy with 5-spoke 18")
Privacy Glass
Artico dashboard, door cappings and cards
Black ash finish
Extended range fuel tank

Good luck in your search.

Although there's some great suggestions for options I doubt they're attainable for the OP budget.

Hi bought a C250 premium plus 3 months ago really pleased only one issue wind noise from drivers window Mercedes replaced glass under warranty. Plenty of extras with this spec no worse than 43 to gallon on 2.1 engine and only £30 car tax. Should easily get the amg line for your budget especially with the plate change due soon

Iv got a C220 CDi Sport on a 66 plate at the moment as a hire car. Looks wise it's pretty bland if I'm honest but performance isn't half bad in the real world and excellent MPG. I wouldn't necessarily discredit a C220 in AMG Line trim..

I have the brilliant blue s205 and it's been nothing but hassle, lots of faults and some terrible build issues. It's going back at the end of the deal. Shame, looks nice.

16421401323_997ce09433_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have the brilliant blue s205 and it's been nothing but hassle, lots of faults and some terrible build issues. It's going back at the end of the deal. Shame, looks nice.

Does look nice, shame you've had problems with it.

Anyone had trouble with the electric boot lid on a W205.?
C250d is a brilliant car generally but on mine the boot lid frequently only opens half way. Been back to the dealer several times. First time they said it was adjustment. Last time they got excited because they had found a faulty connector. Been good for a few weeks but after a service last week the half way opening has started again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom