Which one do I have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merkS350

Car
Mercedes S350 CDI Bluetec
Hi all, I have a 2012 S350 Bluetec CDI and I have followed some of the threads about updating my satnav maps. This has driven me around the bend, firstly trying to find out which version of command system I have. In the end I contacted Lucas at Nav-maps place on eBay and he thinks I have version 3.5 and has said he cannot help as my system is to old (on a 10 year old car).
Can any one tell me which version I have? and are there any map updates
TIA
Frank

Search on here for a VIN decoder to download the build sheet for your car, that should tell you what version you have.

Search on here for a VIN decoder to download the build sheet for your car, that should tell you what version you have.Hi
Search on here for a VIN decoder to download the build sheet for your car, that should tell you what version you have.
Hi, I have searched on this forum for the vin checker to no avail. I went to google and looked at three different vin checkers, one said I had a 2002 car? In all cases though they did not say that I have any particular version of command. Ie 3/ 3.5/ 4/

On my 2012 E class coupe it was NTG4.5
If you take a photo of the unit and post it up (should the data card not be clear) then someone should be able to advise.

I just used satnavishop for my new maps and David there had updates reaching back (as to Comand on Line)

I think 2016 was the last map update for 3.5 (which I'm pretty sure you'll have) on a 221 and would be a DVD update. Happy to be corrected though, but that's my understanding.

I'd spend the extra money either retrofitting a carplay/android auto solution so you can use google/tomtom etc etc. The map updates are pretty expensive anyway.

Hi, thanks for your answers, Chrishazel the vin checker you linked to was one of the three checkers I tried, and none of them had the NTG info on them.
Richard, yes my system has the sd card slot along with the DVD player which are both hidden underneath the central panel, so it does look as if it is the NTG3.5 version I have, again many thanks for your help.
Regards

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom