Which one should I get - C250 or C220 CDi Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigerpool

Car
c250
Hi all,

Im torn between the two.
The C250 or C220 CDi Coupe in auto. Im looking at leasing and they both come in at the same price. They both have the same insurance price.

Is there an actual difference in MPG in real life (not the crap they want us to believe)?

And the drive; are there any real noticeable differences?

Your advice would be appreciated.

cant't comment on the 220 but the 250 is fantastic. Peak torque really low down and peak power high up so it feels like it has pull across the whole rev range.

i drive mine pretty hard and don't get below 40mpg, have had 53 on a long run.

I would definitely go for the 250 over the 220 you won't be disappointed :thumb:

I read on another thread that the 250 was being discontinued in the UK as it is not Euro6 compliant.
We have a 250 in our SLK which is quite lively. Test drove an E220 cab at the weekend which was ok, obviously a heavier car, but the throttle response was not the same - perfectly adequate but felt a little flat after the SLK

I read on another thread that the 250 was being discontinued in the UK as it is not Euro6 compliant.
We have a 250 in our SLK which is quite lively. Test drove an E220 cab at the weekend which was ok, obviously a heavier car, but the throttle response was not the same - perfectly adequate but felt a little flat after the SLK

The new E 220 bluetec cabriolet engine in common with the E CLASS saloon now has a slightly different inlet system. The old non bluetec 220 diesel engine had twin turbochargers like the non bluetec 250. The new 220 bluetec engine found in the E cabriolet has a single turbocharger. Just to confuse matters the 250 bluetec single turbo charger engine does now actually exist--- only UK buyers don't get it. This might explain the difference in feel??

C class coupes as a runout model get both 220 and 250 twin turbo [ non bluetec] engines meaning there's probably less difference between them. :dk:

ps all these engines are still basically the OM651 4cylinder diesel and share the same valve train with minor differences to the injectors.

The new E 220 bluetec cabriolet engine in common with the E CLASS saloon now has a slightly different inlet system. The old non bluetec 220 diesel engine had twin turbochargers like the non bluetec 250. The new 220 bluetec engine found in the E cabriolet has a single turbocharger. Just to confuse matters the 250 bluetec single turbo charger engine does now actually exist--- only UK buyers don't get it. This might explain the difference in feel??

C class coupes as a runout model get both 220 and 250 twin turbo [ non bluetec] engines meaning there's probably less difference between them. :dk:

ps all these engines are still basically the OM651 4cylinder diesel and share the same valve train with minor differences to the injectors.
Simple then...............................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom