Which online photo printing service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
Hi,

We have decided to print around 300-500 of our photos (6x4). Online services spring to a mind but simple google search gives hundreds of possible results.

So, anyone can recommend any of those photo printing services? As most of them will provide up to 50 free samples, I could try up to 3 most recommended and then choose best one in terms of quality and value for money.

Someone has recommended Sanisbury's and that makes sense as we do shopping there on a daily basis so collection would not be a problem. But what about quality? Any experience?

Many thanks for all advice!

Cheers
Chris

Sainsburys - good
Asda - good
Boots - good
Costco - Superb and cheaper

My local Costco at Lakeside has calibrated printers with proper printer profiles, I have their profile loaded and they know from our membership number not to saturate or sharpen any pictures from me - otherwise the machine will automatically post process.
It humours me that I am listed as a pro there, but it serves a purpose as I want my prints to be exactly what I see on my calibrated screen.

BTW

Costco also do very cheap large format pics
7"x5", 10"x8" & 18"x12" are very cheap, 36"x12" Panoramas are under a tenner :D

Thanks Mark!

The only problem is that here in Devon costco doesn't exist. :(
I'd like to have my pics unprocessed as well!

Btw. your pics are PRO so no surprise here!
I'm thinking about m local Sainsbury as I can speak to the guys over there!
Well, I don't really see colours that well - I mean I don't understand what is right and what is oversaturaded :( back in days I used to do semi-pro b&w photography.

Cheers
Chris

Just be aware that "store processing" does vary markedly in quality from store to store depending on their local staff/ equipment. Some stores contract work out also.

You can send me a CD/DVD
I'll get them checked & done for for you and send them back :)

TBh if they are not that important then just let sainsburys do them for you - although I used Asda and Boots for big batches prior to Costco, Asda always seemed to produce the goods slightly better. Asda will however sharpen and saturate and you have no control over the output as the person operating the machine doesn't know/hasn't been shown how to override it!

Btw. your pics are PRO so no surprise here!

Thanks for the compliment :eek: - I always describe myself as a passable amateur with more gear than ability :D

I have learned a huge amount from photo forums that offer critique, and for the last year or more I have been taking pictures for the sake of taking pictures if that make any sense.
I actually go out of my way these days to find/make a photo oppertunity - 2 years ago my camera was for taking pictures of the cars :D

I've found photobox to offer good service and lots of options - don't know how the price compares to the others mentioned though.

I agree - quite a few good online sites available

I like Costco for price and performance, not many places can match in both departments and I have a good rapport with the operators there now

You can send me a CD/DVD
I'll get them checked & done for for you and send them back :)

TBh if they are not that important then just let sainsburys do them for you - although I used Asda and Boots for big batches prior to Costco, Asda always seemed to produce the goods slightly better.

Thank you very much for your offer. To be honest with you, I'm trying now to fix photos with PICASA - I'm feeling lucky ;)

Well, to be honest with you - I'm not that bothered.The camera is not as good as it should be (Canon S1, looking for 450D in next few weeks) and photos are not important at all.

I will get back to you - if you don't mind - for some tips as soon as I will buy new camera!

Many thanks!

Cheers
Chris

Another vote for CostCo here... though I have found they can't handle pictures over a couple hundred megabytes in size... (each)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom