Which phone for in-car kit (2002 C32)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackscooby

Car
W203 C32 AMG, Honda VFR Vtec, Peugeot 205 GTi rally car
Hi,

My C32 has an in-car kit in the arm rest. I've got an ageing Nokia 6310i which physically fits, but the system just says "Initializing" and that's it.

Any idea which model of Nokia should work ?

Car kit has a PN of A209 820 0051 with other markings of 02M21 Q4.

Thanks

Mark

May be its the 6210, if i remember correctly the controller needs updating to get the 6310i to work. There should be some post about this.

Nokia 6210 ordered from FleeBay on Saturday. Turned up today. Looks immaculate and more importantly works a treat :)

Well impressed.

Cheers

Mark

Superb phone. I know people that insist that won't upgrade.

6310i had a few extra features, like bluetooth, but the 6210 was my favourite.

Don't suppose it had the hens teeth rare red cover did it?

Bobby Dazzler said:
Superb phone. I know people that insist that won't upgrade.

6310i had a few extra features, like bluetooth, but the 6210 was my favourite.

Don't suppose it had the hens teeth rare red cover did it?

Nah this one is a duff brown colour. Lots of them on E-Bay. I had one for years and years, then the 6310i. Identical in every way apart from it won't work in my W203 !

blackscooby said:
Nah this one is a duff brown colour. Lots of them on E-Bay. I had one for years and years, then the 6310i. Identical in every way apart from it won't work in my W203 !

A murky yellowy greeny brown? Those are quite rare.

Most were the bluey browny black that O2 and Vodafone distributed.

[Anorak] I'm in to my phones, can you tell? I have examples of each colour except red. Maybe one day. If anyone on here has one, please let me know! [/Anorak]

c6210r.jpg

I have a Nokia Sirocco Dark at the moment that is very nice. Makes me feel like James Bond!! ;) :rolleyes:

8800_dark_medium.jpg

Bobby Dazzler said:
A murky yellowy greeny brown? Those are quite rare.

Most were the bluey browny black that O2 and Vodafone distributed.

[Anorak] I'm in to my phones, can you tell? I have examples of each colour except red. Maybe one day. If anyone on here has one, please let me know! [/Anorak]

I have a Nokia Sirocco Dark at the moment that is very nice. Makes me feel like James Bond!! ;) :rolleyes:

Yep just like the murky yellowy greeny brown. Identical to that picture, down to the silver tab at the bottom.

Looking at it, the cover is a replacement as it looks new.

Bobby Dazzler said:

8800_dark_medium.jpg

Nice phone!

I've got a couple of 6210's lying around, just checked none of them are red but I've also got one that is greeny brown and the other two are blueish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom