Which pressure washer??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Hi all, thinking about getting myself a pressure washer, wondered if anyone can recommend a particular brand, pressure rating etc based on your own experiences. Thanks.

I use a Honda petrol engined pressure washer (on wheels) and it is very good.

It is the type used by a lot of motor cross riders because you can run the water from a stream if you wish.

Our pressure washer dealer says that the most important thing is the water flow rate.

It's the difference between thowing an egg cup of water at the area to be cleaned versus throwing a panful of water at the area to be cleaned.

The more water the better;)

I use a Karcher (620M -obsolete now I suspect, but spec here: http://www.oakwood-village.com/ReviewandGuide/D/RGlevel1.asp?sku=REGU18&dept_id=5245&PageSku=ARTC581). Just look at their site for current product range.

A word of caution, avoid using the optional lance that contains a ball-bearing in the head - practically cuts steel! :eek: It's just too powerful and will damage your seals, bodywork and alloy wheel laquer!

I use a 650M which is excellent for washing the car & patio etc.
The optional lance that "practically cuts steel", that is for brickwork & patios only, shouldn't be used anywhere near a car. :eek:

Russ

Our pressure washer dealer says that the most important thing is the water flow rate.

The more water the better;)

Agreed, pressure is meaningless, it's flow rate and cleaning power you want.
Too much pressure is a bad thing, but you can't have too much flow.

I was going to get a Lavor Tiger but then saw a Stihl, which is excellent, but pricey.

I studied these for years ... never being able to make up my mind, and never getting one. I would read up about a particular machine, decide it was for me, and when I'd see it in the flesh I'd decide it was only rubbish, a toy, something that would never do my job ...

Until I seen this ...

http://www.kranzle.co.uk/index.php?page=1150t

I have it over a year now, bought it same time as the E320. It has been in regular use every week and never failed me. I give it A+ in all counts, its not the cheapest, but then thats not what I wanted.

If you search around you can get deals on them.

Cheers

:)

I studied these for years ... never being able to make up my mind, and never getting one. I would read up about a particular machine, decide it was for me, and when I'd see it in the flesh I'd decide it was only rubbish, a toy, something that would never do my job ...

Until I seen this ...

I have it over a year now, bought it same time as the E320. It has been in regular use every week and never failed me. I give it A+ in all counts, its not the cheapest, but then thats not what I wanted.

Cheers

Wow that's one hell of a machine.................but at a price...:eek:

Wow that's one hell of a machine.................but at a price...:eek:

Quality costs, but lasts a lifetime.
I suggest you don't look at the Stihl ones then..:eek:

We bought a Halfords one for about £60. It squirts water out at a high enough pressure to dislodge even the most stubborn dirt and mixes it with detergent if you want it to :)

I use a Sealey PC2700, plenty of power and comes with a few attachments, very good value.:)

I'd buy the cheapest you can find, and never ever point at cars or flesh.

I think mine cost £20 from B&Q a few years ago. Managed to smash it though by knocking it of a wall on to a 3x2 slab.

See it makes sense to buy the cheapest on so many levels!! :D

I have a karacher one on a little wheel trolly that hold the different hoses and you can fill a holder with detergents if wanted.

Cost about £50 several years ago. Has cleaned paths, patios, more times than a care to remember. Very rarely use it on the cars, once a year maybe to get grime under arches etc.

Quite handy having the different hoses you can click on depending how powerfull / type of spray you want.

Also without the lance on it creates a superb foam all over the car.

Thanks guys, food for thought. Are they any good for stripping wallpaper??? :D

Until I seen this ...

Cheers

Hey I got one of those too and for exactly the same reasons as yourself. Good choice. ;)

Mark.

If your washing your car with a power washer you still need to go around the car with a sponge. Does a splendid job of cleaning alloy wheels though...

A lot depends on the chemicals you use and the dilution ratio which is something of a fine art.

We have our own mixture of "Plonk" and I firstly clean the wheels with this and then dilute for the bodywork.

Use a strength that will clean the car but remember to keep the car wet (by fanning a mist around the car) until all the chemical is washed off under pressure.

Traffic film remover is an agressive substance and will mark your paintwork if you leave on for too long or let it dry, (hot day washers beware!)

I lazily had my van washed at a drive through that was full to capacity and thought I was in the pre-rinse cue for too long.
Next day I realised this was the case when I had streaks on my paintwork caused by the causticity of the product used being on for too long.

T-Cut is a lifesaver though;)

Last edited:
Bought a new Karcher last year (app £90) lasted for about two months before motor siezed, only used about three times. Karcher replaced whole lot foc, stated unable to repair as throw away item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom